Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a 2002 Spyder GS and bought it from a friend. He moved on to a 4G but before he did I helped him change the engine from the 3.0, ( was blown ), to a 3.5 from a Diamante of the same year. Having some issues with the tuning. I believe I need to get the computer in sync with the engine and wonder if the tuning parts such as plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and even injectors will work correctly until I do. I got it to where no engine lights would come on but I took a couple of steps backward when I tried to change the cap which was in the trunk along with some other parts and have been chasing a miss ever since. It runs rough and wants to stall at idle but seems to work itself out at the higher RPM's and now the engine light has come back on. I'd like to get everything in sync but now have screwed up somewhere. I'm buying parts for the 3.5 which may be my problem if the car is still set for the 3.0. Any ideas? luckily I have a 98 Spyder I'm driving now but the 3G is the one I call the 98's big brother since the 98 has the 2.4 Non-Turbo, ( for now... ), and I'm supposed to be working on it. Any help would be appreciated..... THANKS! :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts