Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've done searching for awhile here and just can't seem to find it, but does anyone have any knowledge of someone taking a gt or gts and dropping the i4 into it? I know this may seem silly in just curious to know if it can be done as my body on my eclipse is very rust free, but I want to use the 2.4l in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,323 Posts
How do you plan on "dropping it in" when the engine mount points are nowhere the same? The amount of work needed on welding in new mounting points would be silly. Buy an I4.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read in a DSM forum that someone was doing this with their Diamanté and they had to swap sub frames. My eclipse is very clean of rust so if I could use that instead of the other ones for sale around me that have holes in the floor I'd like too. Also I know I'd need to re wire and new ecu all of that, but they use the same alternator and a bunch of other parts I could pull of my current car.

·
54,396 Posts
Better off buying a V6 car off the bat, they're so cheap now that the effort isn't worth it to swap from a 4 to a 6. Or just turbo the 4, the evo stuff kind of bolts up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Better off buying a V6 car off the bat, they're so cheap now that the effort isn't worth it to swap from a 4 to a 6. Or just turbo the 4, the evo stuff kind of bolts up.

I have a 6 rn and it's awful to work on, the reason I want to swap to the 4 is I can get it dirt cheap, way cheaper then the 6 and dohc swap it with either Kia, or evo heads

·
54,396 Posts
Oh I thought you wanted to go 4 to 6, not 6 to 4. Same situation, buy a car with a 4 already in it. If you're determined to do the swap then get a 1/2 cut car to get all the stuff from otherwise you may as well just camp in the junk yard parking lot since you'll be going back just about every time you turn around for something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts