Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive researched over and over and cant find an answer to a couple of my questions......first, is their any way to lower the spring rate from 12 psi in the internal waste gate on the evo 8 16g turbo, or do i have to run an external waste gate? any suggestions? also the turbo is water and oil cooled. i know to tap into the oil psi sending unit and into the main oil pan for the oil lines.....but i read in clouds thread that he just bypasses the tb but i live in md, where it gets too cold for that.....i came up with the idea to run the tb return line into the turbo, then back to where the return line is supposed to go, but that seems like it would run hot water into the turbo which defeats the purpose.....if anyone has any ideas plz let me know.(prefferably turboed guys) thanx in advance for your help

rob

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
The evo 16g wastegate actuator is a 12psi wastegate. It can not be lowered and I don't see why you would want too anyways. The 4g64 properly tuned can handle 12psi from that turbo easily.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did search.....everyone that i have seen run that kind of boost on this forum has either blown rings pistons or headgaskets.....i would rather b safe as possible, and not blow n e thing till i could afford to build my engine. if im wrong then im glad you guys are telling me this. i would love to run 12 psi but i would like to be safe then sorry as well

·
OMFG... Erf.....
1,741 Posts
well v6 guys can't run much boost from what many of us already know, but many people have ran up to 16psi like zeeshan without blowing anything up, and its always about the tuning, even a built motor can blow apart quick on a shitty tune,

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
i just T'd both lines on the TB for water feed and return. The question has come up many times. You dont need water with a TT but do without. Both together obviously help more. It doesnt matter which side you tap on the TB for return or feed either...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i have a place specifically for mitsubishi who is gonna reflash my ecu using evo lllv injectors, and they are gonna dynotune it as well. i appreciate all the info. so you guys think i should just run the 12 psi? and my tb idea was a good one?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
really? i would try just bypassing the tb, but if my idea of still being to have both in the system then im goin to try that first. thanx for your help. now does anyone hAVE ANY PROOF that you can run 12 psi on a stock engine?

·
GT35 DOHC 500wHp
533 Posts
really? i would try just bypassing the tb, but if my idea of still being to have both in the system then im goin to try that first. thanx for your help. now does anyone hAVE ANY PROOF that you can run 12 psi on a stock engine?
I was running 18 on 93 octane you can check my old thread i posted pictures of pistons.
Chears.
PS. you should do more search man all these questions was answered million times.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i sware that since ive been on here ive tried searching everything possible. maybe i just missed it. i believe they have been answered but i culdnt seem to find it. i appreciate everyones help, and hopefullt soon i will be turboed like you guys. i will post pics and all a.s.a.p.:bigthumb:

rob

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
There's been more than 20psi run on the stock motor. It's all about tuning. I'm not saying it'll be reliable in the long run, but you can still push that much air through it. Eventually you'll start breaking shit... but built cars break, that's what they do.

As far as the spring goes, just leave it at 12. That turbo doesn't flow all that much air anyways. 12 psi out of that little fucker isn't all that much.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
fyi a while back a 3g owner from florida posted a vid for him boosting 25 psi. So it is doable even though thats total overkill without headwork or a head swap. But the block can handle it. for a short while prolly lol :ugh2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts