Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an evo 9 Full motor going for $700 at a dealership here by where i live...does anyone know if i can swap that into my 03 RS??? Would it just be like an evo 8 swap??? Thanks:)

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
honestly if you don't know the differences between the evo 8 and the evo 9, a swap would be too far beyond your ability. do some research on the evo's in question, and you will know the differences, and similarities. that would help you answer your own question better than anyone here could answer it for you.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
There is an evo 9 Full motor going for $700 at a dealership here by where i live...does anyone know if i can swap that into my 03 RS??? Would it just be like an evo 8 swap??? Thanks:)

honestly if you don't know the differences between the evo 8 and the evo 9, a swap would be too far beyond your ability. do some research on the evo's in question, and you will know the differences, and similarities. that would help you answer your own question better than anyone here could answer it for you.

i just needed a yes or no...That would have been way more helpful.
Lots of new members just need a yes or no. Seriously, No.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
i just needed a yes or no...That would have been way more helpful.
if you need a yes or no, than the answer is no. it is not exactly the same. and you are therefore not prepared.

·
R.I.P. silverside
4,217 Posts
if you need a yes or no, than the answer is no. it is not exactly the same. and you are therefore not prepared.
Theres no better way to put it than this

·
Registered
13 Posts
yea true your going to spend lots of money for it, if its possible?............. YES, if you have lots of money and a deep pocket!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not gonna lie that's a good answer, but they way you said beyond your ability just makes me sound like an idiot. I was just looking for a more positive reply that's all. Anyways good help.

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
That's because you do sound like an idiot.
yep you are right, 05eclipse05.

fuentes1_2006, read your own post. you sound like a person that has no clue, aside from the fact that evo's are cool, and their engines must therefore be cool.

we don't know you, we don't know your skills, or your budget, therefore you are ENTIRELY based off your posts. you sould like a young kid, with little knowledge or ability, that has watched to many car movies. you have yet to prove otherwise.

give us a gauge of your ability and budget (and be honest, pretending you know more than do, will just make you get wayy over your head). and we can help. so far you have proved you don't even truly know the engine you want to put in is.

·
Administrator
16,338 Posts
yep. read your own post. you sound like a person that has no clue, aside from the fact that evo's are cool, and their engines must therefore be cool.

we don't know you, we don't know your skills, or your budget, therefore you are ENTIRELY based off your posts. you sould like a young kid, with little knowledge or ability, that has watched to many car movies. you have yet to prove otherwise.

give us a gauge of your ability and budget (and be honest, pretending you know more than do, will just make you get wayy over your head). and we can help. so far you have proved you don't even truly know the engine you want to put in is.
At first i thought you were talking to me, then i realized it was directed towards him. :lol:

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
At first i thought you were talking to me, then i realized it was directed towards him. :lol:
:lol:

i edited it now, to avoid confusion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did read my post..i was the one who wrote it. I'm 21 man and i wasn't trying to prove that i knew anything...because honestly i don't know much. All i was asking was if i could fit it and what the difference was that's all. I mean you could have just said "there's not much of a difference and Yea it's totally possible..good luck"! Haha you know? But whatever.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I did read my post..i was the one who wrote it. I'm 21 man and i wasn't trying to prove that i knew anything...because honestly i don't know much. All i was asking was if i could fit it and what the difference was that's all. I mean you could have just said "there's not much of a difference and Yea it's totally possible..good luck"! Haha you know? But whatever.
Anything is possible with enough money. Why not go for what is cost effective? If you don't know much, starting off with a motor swap isn't the best idea. Why don't you do some research and figure out the differences. We won't spoon feed you the answers.

·
Chuck Nasty
3,855 Posts
no because of mivec. do one without mivec.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.