Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Yes... I`m Polish :)
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally start playing with EVOscan options and I really would like to use DYNO option but it requires some data I dont know. Could you guys help me with that?

Main thing I need is:
Frontal area of car: ????
Wind tunnel drag coefficient: ???? (I heard its 0.32 but not sure).
Gear ratio for GS manual: ?????

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
can you link it? that thing alwas said i had thousands of hp no matter what i did. I had to change the base equations just for it to look reason able. Hey do either of you know what to do when it says invalid xml file or expression. i changed the fuel trim equations so it would be at 0 instead of 100. I change it back and but still gettin the error.

·
Yes... I`m Polish :)
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not if you set it up right. Even if the numbers aren't exact, the curves are dead on and consistent. A very useful tuning tool.
Do you get those numbers right? I even went far with whether calculation and Dyno Correction Factor. I noticed by changing to right data (in some fields) it changed...

How do you measure it. I tried live and it wont go. All I was able to do is calculate after run.... maybe I do something wrong???:scratch: How that works for all of you?

·
4g64T
640 Posts
google the gear ratios, I found them. ill look if i can find them they are on my other computer.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
thats not the whole conversation but there was something in there that it was talking about 3g's. i saved it from a while back

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,035 Posts
Not if you set it up right. Even if the numbers aren't exact, the curves are dead on and consistent. A very useful tuning tool.
That makes sense from a strictly data collecting stand point: graphing logged parameters from the ECU. However, some other variables come into play that wouldn't be an issue on a dyno (wind, road grade, etc.)

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,035 Posts
Using some sense and not logging data while doing a pull up hill with a head wind would help.
Sure, but why add in additional variables. As someone who uses EVOScan, I don't find it nearly as precise for power measurements as a dyno. Not even close.

·
Zero Resistance, LLC
1,948 Posts
Dynos aren't a good measure of the power you put down on the street because they take away all the variables. Both are tuning tools that need to be used properly. The best measure of usable power are ET's and trap speeds. That's all I care about.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Dynos aren't a good measure of the power you put down on the street because they take away all the variables. Both are tuning tools that need to be used properly. The best measure of usable power are ET's and trap speeds. That's all I care about.
Our dyno is a great way to measure what your car will actually do on the street, or track...

470awhp is good for a 10.2 at 135-40 in a full weight EVO. :)

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,035 Posts
I'll finish with this: I think we are debating tuning preferences. A good wideband, ECUFlash, and the EVOScan are all the tuning tools you need in most N/A apps. Under those circumstances the power readings may be closer in accuracy.

However, since I'm not n/a my load readings are not correct. The most I've logged is 96.125 while I was hitting 9.5+psi. If that load reading is part of the algorithm that calculates the power on EVOScan, then it won't be accurate for me.

·
Kuztom Uzer Tytel
745 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts