Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently on my 2003 gts eclipse, I got a muffler delete and it sounded amazing!!! After a good month of having it on there I wanted something with a little bit more umf. I wanted a little bit more noise. I bought headers. Just some ebay racing headers. It deleted my cat & and deleted my resonator. IT WAS EXTREMELY LOUD, not what I was looking for. My mechanic ended up adding a long resonator in the middle of my car. Now my car sounds like a damn chainsaw. It sounds awful. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can change my vehicles pitch? I loved how it sounded with just a muffler delete but now with the headers and just a resonator it sounds awful. I plan on taking off the resonator and doing something different.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I had to add a magnaflow cylinder muffler in place where my cat was, makes a good rumble and deep tone but drone is kinda a issue so I added a silencer in my muffler for long haul drives. So in tale my exhaust system is RPW long tube headers, magnaflow muffler, EBay N1 style cat-back with a removable silencer.

·
Registered
2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
14 Posts
Recently on my 2003 gts eclipse, I got a muffler delete and it sounded amazing!!! After a good month of having it on there I wanted something with a little bit more umf. I wanted a little bit more noise. I bought headers. Just some ebay racing headers. It deleted my cat & and deleted my resonator. IT WAS EXTREMELY LOUD, not what I was looking for. My mechanic ended up adding a long resonator in the middle of my car. Now my car sounds like a damn chainsaw. It sounds awful. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can change my vehicles pitch? I loved how it sounded with just a muffler delete but now with the headers and just a resonator it sounds awful. I plan on taking off the resonator and doing something different.
This is a "Just turn the radio up" moment lol. So does it end at the muffler delete or did you weld on a new muffler? If it just ends from where you left off with the muffler delete, I would recommend finding a quiet muffler that fits and has reviews or even exhaust sound clips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a "Just turn the radio up" moment lol. So does it end at the muffler delete or did you weld on a new muffler? If it just ends from where you left off with the muffler delete, I would recommend finding a quiet muffler that fits and has reviews or even exhaust sound clips.
As of right now all I have for my exhaust system is just the headers and a straight pipe with no muffler and long resonator with no cats. The resonator is what makes my eclipse sound terrible in the high rpms or whenever I floor it. Mind you when I had only my muffler delete with my stock resonator and stock headers, I would floor it and my eclipses’ engine would just open up and it sounded beautiful. All i wanted was for my car to be louder with the same engine roar. Now, with the racing headers and some kind of long resonator and no muffler and no cats, I rev it and it sounds like metal clinging or scratching but its mainly because its not straight piped and the resonator. I just want to go back to my old setup, with my muffler delete sound but amplify it. 😕

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to add a magnaflow cylinder muffler in place where my cat was, makes a good rumble and deep tone but drone is kinda a issue so I added a silencer in my muffler for long haul drives. So in tale my exhaust system is RPW long tube headers, magnaflow muffler, EBay N1 style cat-back with a removable silencer.
Preciate your input!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you wanna hear what it sounds like here’s a video of me on track

Watching that video made me sad lol. My car used to sound similar to that before I put my headers on and straight piped it.. i loved going into the high rpms and hearing my engine roar. Now that sound is completely gone. I just want to hear my engine roar again

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. HD sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
36 Posts
I am glad you do not live near me. I have 2 idiots next door with loud Hondas. Really unpleasant when they leave for work at odd hours. My car is quiet. Show a little class. ...J.D.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am glad you do not live near me. I have 2 idiots next door with loud Hondas. Really unpleasant when they leave for work at odd hours. My car is quiet. Show a little class. ...J.D.
🤣🤣 yeah man, it was too loud for me too. I had to put a resonator on it and it did quiet it down alot but it just sounds disgusting now. But im not a fan of hondas or really loud cars either. But I doooo like a nice car that has a deep growl to it

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. HD sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
36 Posts
Most of us mature beyond the "look at me stage" or life soon after we leave high school. I own 3 cars and 3 motorcycles. I make sure my fun does not become a reason to be hated by my neighbors. It is just the adult thing to do. ...J.D.

·
Registered
2003 Mitsubishi eclipse gts
7 Posts
Funny, I have a neighbor with no muffler on a Honda that is loud. Don't know if it's just missing or there is something under there but it is annoying. I had a 2001 gt that we put just a cherrybomb on. It sounded great. I haven't done anything to my 2003 gts. I may just add a cherrybomb from Autozone just like that one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts