Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Exhaust

721 views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Rowe3g2000 
#1 ·
Any ideas for a good sounding exhaust that isn’t too loud but loud when you want it to be. Car is stock 3g 2000 gt

#3 ·
I’ve heard borla from others as well now i have some cheap headers, 2.5in from headers then after the car it opens to 4 and it’s just unreal loud for no reason. Would i need to purchase headers that are worth a damn or would i be okay with what is on it

#6 ·
The cheap ebay headers have unequal length runners and the primary ports don't line up with the heads correctly. Also by changing the headers you lost the catalytic converters which filter a lot of noise. This makes them raspy and a lot louder. If you can find 3G OBX headers I'd recommend those. They're harder to find now but definitely worth the money.

#9 ·
The Borla system is a catback kit. If you got rid of the main cat when you put the headers on, you might have to fabricate something to connect the headers to the borla kit. Also, if you're missing the main cat, you should add it back in to reduce some of the noise. Otherwise the Borla kit is likely going to be too loud still.

#12 ·
Quality pre-fab exhaust is expensive. No way to get around that. Cheapest would be to stay with the headers you have and figure out a way to connect the cat back. Either that or put the stock exhaust manifolds and main cat back on if you have them. No fab required for the cat back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.