Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im andy im almost done saving money for all stuff i need to turbo my car and pay for installation. I dont doubt i would be able to do it myself with enough time and research but thats the thing i dont have the time and really dont wanna get into it. Im looking for someone to install a turbo kit on my 2003 eclipse GTS 5-speed that has already turbo'd a 3g *V6* *SUCCESFULLY*. I am purchasing a JDM T3/T4 turbo kit that comes with everything ill need other than the vr4 pistons,rings (using my connecting rods) since the GTS pistons cant handle more than 4 psi, headers, guages, pods, ETC..I am willing to pay the right candidate to install everything, meaning the turbo kit, guages, pods, headers, pistons, etc. I have the money, just not the time nor do i wanna get into it. I am in the WI/IL stateline area. If anyone is interested in making some bank doing something they have already done name your price, if not dont post in this thread, i dont need anyones cocky "im the shit and your not" comments on here, im simply trying to find some good installers and what better place to look than CLUB3G.COM!!!! plus i searched and couldnt find a list of people who is interested in installing someone elses turbo kit. Imagine the money any of you could make by naming your price on this thread. I bet im not the only one looking for someone else to install a kit. Theres probably at least 5-10 more people who would gladly pay someone else to turbo their 3g for them. Thanks in advance for all the helpful comments.

·
Chuck Nasty
3,855 Posts
therefore useless.... greg can put together a turbo kit and probably flash it for you if you can make the drive there. he is about the best one for it. i may end up doing a turbo now since this thing is still too slow.

·
Chuck Nasty
3,855 Posts
with install probably 7k.....

·
Registered
411 Posts
therefore useless.... greg can put together a turbo kit and probably flash it for you if you can make the drive there. he is about the best one for it. i may end up doing a turbo now since this thing is still too slow.
well then buy my xtech turbokit and let him put on I'm sure he will give you a discount since you guys are good mechanic buddy's

·
Chuck Nasty
3,855 Posts
well then buy my xtech turbokit and let him put on I'm sure he will give you a discount since you guys are good mechanic buddy's
i don't have the money yet. i need to get a new bed and a few other thins. plus may need a new clutch as i managed to fit a new motor mount on there (kinda ghetto) and the motor does not move ever but i am still getting this jerking at low end on medium accel. pretty sure its the clutch now i will clean out connectors again though and check all the wiring and plugs.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i don't have the money yet. i need to get a new bed and a few other thins. plus may need a new clutch as i managed to fit a new motor mount on there (kinda ghetto) and the motor does not move ever but i am still getting this jerking at low end on medium accel. pretty sure its the clutch now i will clean out connectors again though and check all the wiring and plugs.
how did your 6g74 swap

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Hello Andy, I see you're pretty familiar with Club3G by your tone. Just chill though. I'm not going to talk any junk, but answer your question. Do as what others have mentioned and look up PharmEcis. His real name is Greg. He's the best at building a turbo kit and also does engine rebuilds. I'm a client of his. He's worked on 3 of my Mitsu's so far and will be doing a fourth in the near future. He lives in Silver Spring, MD. If you want it done right then the distance between you 2 won't matter. I live in NYC and I make the road trip. Do this however, DO NOT buy anything until you speak to him. When you do speak to him let him know what your power goal is and if you don't know what you really want let him know that also. He will let you know what is feasible for your budget and power goal. I would put his phone number out but he already has it in his profile. Good luck.

·
Chuck Nasty
3,855 Posts
how did your 6g74 swap
if you mean who then greg. i could hook up the kit but i would still have him do pistons and a tune so i would hook it up but not connect it to the intake piping you know. but either way i have more important expenses right now. i don't need a turbo i would just like one. right now i have instant torque and i have pretty much already achieved my project goal: make a better eclipse the way it should've been. a bigger motor with more power, an intake that requires NO servicing, better suspension, better brakes, and comparable to a porsche altogether which i found out today it is (an older one anyways). so for now just more maintenance and durability. camber adjustment, new headlights (i actually need those), ill put ate blue in, new pads, new heads (mine are ticking pretty bad rather just swap, maybe 6g75 ones eventually), and minor visual upgrades. i just want a nice car thats it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the help. Looks like gregs the man. I have about 3500$ saved up so far, looks like ill need about another 3500$. Wont take more than a few more weeks i get paid a little over 500$ a week, and yes it is a JDM kit from ebay however a 100% seller rating. Its piping to fit the v6 3g with a universal jdm turbo and intercooler. The oil feed lines and what not were also sized for the 3g. I thought it was just a universal kit with 00-05 eclipse just in the title until i messaged him, the seller said he sized everything to fit in our engine bay which makes him the 2nd place i have found a kit for a v6 eclipse with importperformanceplus.com being the first but now they do not offer it anymore. Thanks for all the help on this thread ill call greg when i have enough time off work to make a trip to MD, and like finesse49ers said, the distance isnt too far for what i want, and ill have to pass on the ebay kit then and have greg build a kit for mine.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Thanks for the help. Looks like gregs the man. I have about 3500$ saved up so far, looks like ill need about another 3500$. Wont take more than a few more weeks i get paid a little over 500$ a week, and yes it is a JDM kit from ebay however a 100% seller rating. Its piping to fit the v6 3g with a universal jdm turbo and intercooler. The oil feed lines and what not were also sized for the 3g. I thought it was just a universal kit with 00-05 eclipse just in the title until i messaged him, the seller said he sized everything to fit in our engine bay which makes him the 2nd place i have found a kit for a v6 eclipse with importperformanceplus.com being the first but now they do not offer it anymore. Thanks for all the help on this thread ill call greg when i have enough time off work to make a trip to MD, and like finesse49ers said, the distance isnt too far for what i want, and ill have to pass on the ebay kit then and have greg build a kit for mine.
Now you talkin'!! :yesway:

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I apologize for being so quick to bash. Seems like you know you want and trust me you wont regret Greg :yesway:

·
Administrator
16,320 Posts
Still, there is NOTHING JDM for, or made for our car. Just stop using that term because frankly you're making yourself sound stupid.

Now, since you're going with greg, you just made up for that stupidity for a smart choice. Greg is one helluva good choice you made if you wanna boost/build your 3G. He is known for quality and good rep :yesway:

Goodluck on the boosting, keep us updated with lots of pictures.

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
OK. Since you insist on trying to make me look dumb. Everyone whos reading this post feel free to go to this link:
jdm turbo kit eclipse items - Get great deals on eBay Motors items on eBay.com!
Here you will see: JDM'S 2001 2002 2003 ECLIPSE T3/T4 TURBO KIT 01 02 03
Wow how bout that...a JDM kit for OUR 3G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for playing.
Andy, Andy, Andy. Chill bro. Just because some vendor puts JDM on an item doesn't mean it's so. First you need to know the meaning of JDM. In a nutshell it's something made in Japan and sold in Japan. Our cars are Japanese in manufacturer name only. The car was never built or sold in Japan therefore the car and any part made for isn't, couldn't and will never be JDM.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya i know most of my family worked at the CHRYSLER plant it was made in (bloomington IL) when mistubishi and chrysler signed contracts from 00-05..my 3.0 is similar to the ones that used to be in the minivans, also share the same chassis and motors of the stratus, sebring, etc, ive done my homework ive owned my 3g for 2 strong years and ive done nothing but research research research.. i know what JDM is too, also i have JDM smoke signals installed on my car , Wouldnt JDM sue any other vendor claiming their product line on ebay?? So if a product is made by JDM in japan for our 3g's, shipped to United states to be sold on the internet in our market, its no longer JDM? or not true JDM only because it was made for a car that isnt JDM?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts