Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well first off I just want to apologize if this thread is in the wrong location. Second, I would like all of your opinions on how much I should list my car on CL for :(. The reason I'm selling is this car has been nothing but bad luck for me since I've gotten it. I've gotten in two accidents which were not my fault and I've gotten two flat tires. It's been rough to say the least. Although I have had a lot f fun driving my 3G, I feel like it's time for me to switch to possibly another 3G or something else. Anyway let me get into the car.

THE GOOD:
Low mileage 106xxx
Spyder GT (summer weather, powerful motor)
4 new tires
No mechanical issues
G-reddy exhaust

THE BAD: (there's a lot)
Was in two accidents. The hood is relatively dented badly and the fender is a very small dent
Rear fender dent with crack in bumper
Headlights are shady
Convertible top leaks
Clock pod is broken
Radiator mount bent but still working perfectly

Tldr My question to you is what would you price my eclipse at?
01 eclipse spyder gt above your average cosmetic flaws with no mechanical damage. Spent 3700 on it originally what do you think the damage is to me financially? Any input is greatly appreciated as always. Thanks

·
lit up
4,334 Posts
if that's all it takes to get rid of a car for you, please get a 350z next and let me know when you're done with it :lol:

really though, pictures would help a lot.

headlights are an easy fix/replace.
convertible top-- well it's a 12 year old convertible. find me one that doesn't leak..
clock pod? not that hard to replace
radiator-- how bad is it bent?

and with 106k on it, has the timing belt/water pump been done?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's pouring right now pics will definitely come in the day light. I feel bad for trying to sell it it's just time for me to move on. Maybe to a 3G non spyder. The leaky roof makes me want to die every time it rains haha it's not drivable in the rain. The dents are not noticeable until you're within ten feet on the hood and not until within five on the fenders. Other than that the car is beautiful as is every 3G.

·
V8 > 3G
2,717 Posts
Also the timing belt and water pump I believe were replaced as per usual at 60k miles. The radiator mount is bent maybe an inch off normal. You really need to look at it to see it.
Nobody replaces a timing belt at 60K miles and unless there's papers to prove it you should assume otherwise.

To be honest, I don't think your car is worth squat. I've been pricing Eclipses a lot lately and I wouldn't spend more than $2000 for one with a near perfect body. Not to say you couldn't get more but as you describe it it sounds like nearly every body panel has sustained damage so that alone is going to attract zero buyers. Mileage doesn't mean squat if the body is in bad shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.