Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And at some parts sadly disturbing. If anybody has seen it they can vouch for it. This is the video "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon". It's about how the moon landing may have been a big hoax (propaganda) to make America win the space race against Russia. It's 45 mins long, but I promise you it's well worth it. It's rather sad when they look at all the billions spent on the space race and how there's poor, sick people dying at the same time in other countries.

·
MINI by proxy
4,408 Posts
45 minutes?!?

It sounds interesting, for sure, but is there any other source I could view this piece from? For some reason, Youtube vids seem to get out of synch pretty badly on this computer after the first 5 minutes or so... :sad:

·
fuck em
14,853 Posts
jesus christ. I've seen perfectly logical rebuttals to every single argument made by moon landing hoax theories. Maybe it's unfair for me to make any opinion without watching that video, but I'm betting I've seen it all before.

and even IF it was a hoax, why would it be so "sadly disturbing"? What do you think Star Wars and the entire Cold War in general was but one-upmanship and chest-thumping in the place of mutually assured destruction?

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's a short clip.

Another thing is that they only released a few number of photo's, and none of the videos on the surface were in color while they had color inside the spacecraft. Also, on the moon's surface, the shadows were not all parallel. Now think about it, if the only light source was from the sun (which it was claimed to be) , every shadow would point in the exact same direction, correct?

Now look even closer. See the hotspot right where the shadow of his head is? Artificial lighting :agreed:

Hold on I'll upload a photo

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jesus christ. I've seen perfectly logical rebuttals to every single argument made by moon landing hoax theories. Maybe it's unfair for me to make any opinion without watching that video, but I'm betting I've seen it all before.

and even IF it was a hoax, why would it be so "sadly disturbing"? What do you think Star Wars and the entire Cold War in general was but one-upmanship and chest-thumping in the place of mutually assured destruction?
Because the United States had taxpayers contribute 137 billion dollars to the project rather than invest that in something worthwhile instead of an ego boost.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now the picture is of him right? So OBVIOUSLY you can't say that the hotspot was from a camera flash... (even though they said all pictures were taken in natural sunlight) Also now, look at the shadows from the landing craft and Neil Armstrong in the backround. Notice anything odd? The shadows aren't parallel

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Watch this one too. This is pretty short. It's about how they changed backrounds in the Apollo 17 mission. The evidence is made extremely clear and there is honestly no way you can say that this guy is wrong. It's right in the government released videos of the landing. It has to be true.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I'd say there are 3 light sources athough maybe only 2 would create shadows:
1) the sun
2) light reflected off of the Earth
3) the billions of stars shining. remember they are MUCH brighter from outside our atmosphere.

I think the one thing that has bugged me about this "conspiracy" is that you dont see stars in their photos/videos but I'd have to guess that they used some heavy filters on all of the cameras outside the spacecraft. I doubt any onboard cameras would need the filters as the window/s would have blocked any damaging rays.
I dunno... but I think it was real.

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They said the way the camera's were designed blocked out the stars. I think it's bullshit. That last video shows in great detail the backdrops and how they were moved. The guy picks out a certain mountain in the backround and shows how pieces of it were moved around the set to make it look like they were in different places. It's like, you can't honestly say he's wrong because it's right there in the actual footage.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I think the reason the shadows arent paralell in the reflection of his helmet is because the face mask is convex; it's round so it's wrapping the reflected image across its surface. Just a thought...:dunno:

·
MINI by proxy
4,408 Posts
I think the reason the shadows arent paralell in the reflection of his helmet is because the face mask is convex; it's round so it's wrapping the reflected image across its surface. Just a thought...:dunno:
I was going to say the same thing.
The shadows would be parallel, I'm sure, if not for the curvature of the helmet.

I'll check out those two shorter vids now... why not.

·
Fear my erep power
4,294,967,295 Posts
:wtf: we have been over this already

Oh yeah...The moon is made of CHEESE!!!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I watched the entire 45 minute video (slow day at work), and the only thing that really struck me about it was Neil Armstrong's speech at the 25th Anniversary of the landing.

"To you we say: we have only completed a beginning. We leave you much that is undone. There are great ideas undiscovered; breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth’s protective layers."

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but those are some pretty interesting comments coming from a man who has never seemed too terribly proud of his accomplishment.

...other than that, I think that video is a prime example of a nut-job production that only shows evidence to support it's claims, and suffers from extreme over simplification. I hate how it's constantly trying to play on people's emotions; I mean, what the hell is the point in ending all of that with Kennedy's assassination?

·
Chalk City Bitch
14,263 Posts
...other than that, I think that video is a prime example of a nut-job production that only shows evidence to support it's claims, and suffers from extreme over simplification. I hate how it's constantly trying to play on people's emotions; I mean, what the hell is the point in ending all of that with Kennedy's assassination?
To lead into the next conspiracy theory video? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts