Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
2K 4G64
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just like the title says....i am friends with a metal fab company which does various diamond plate items...but they have actually used my 2000 rs as the test item for these mats and they turned out beautiful....they are mad from .056 guage ATP (aluminum traction plate) or diamond plate if you will.

They are currently selling them on the website for 39.95 but if they are ordered and you menton you heard about them on here they are willing to drop the price to 35.00 + Shipping.....which will be determined by your state and zip code. anyone wishing to order these please contact me and i will point you to the site! i gurantee these guys and back them with every bit i rep i have in this world.....also they do custom work too....if you are looking for something a little different just PM me and ill see what i can do for you. we can always use my car as the test item.

Here they are in my car after about 1 year of use.....i pulled them out whiped them off and they still shine!!!

·
tour 2 in Iraq
608 Posts
whats the website where you order these? cause the only other pair i saw went for over a hundred bucks. how many peices do you get?

·
2K 4G64
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well pics will be a little bit...at least in the car! since my car is in a garage for storage and it is quite dark and dirty...lol I can get better pics of just the mats themselves. as for the etching....it currently isnt possibe at this point in time. i appoligize but they're working on it...(i have already cheacked) but since it is a relativly new product for them to be mass producing on the market it will take some time befor all the design concepts become a reality! thanks for all the intrest so far!

·
Pandora
864 Posts
is this for the driver side only? or the driver side and passenger side? or all 4 mats? The one thats about $100 is all 4 mats and they dont have that cut out on the driverside......i like these so far though....specially for the price. unless its just for the driverside.

·
2K 4G64
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no...my appoligies a set consists of drivers side and passeger side mats front and rear....and the hole is for the stock mat holder....this will keep the mat from sliding under fast shifting.....especialy with the clutch in a 5 speed

·
2K 4G64
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks were currently working on a couple other things on the site....the site is sicmetalfab.com there are various things on there. We also do custom work so if you have an idea we can look into it. you can email me through the site my e-mail is [email protected] thanks for the intrest thus far guys

·
2K 4G64
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we have decided to avoid the black and colored ones due to the fact thatr the finish of them is much weaker and prone to chipping and such....it is still an item in the works and we dont want to market something that wont do what its meant to do! Thanks

·
Mitsu In Disguise
632 Posts
... they dont have that cut out on the driverside...
....and the hole is for the stock mat holder....this will keep the mat from sliding under fast shifting.....especialy with the clutch in a 5 speed
Im not sure he was referring to the hole but moreso the cutout on the left side of the driver side mat. That just looks out of place to me. Nice price though. I would pick a set up if they didn't have that chunk taken out the side of the driverside mat.

·
2K 4G64
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
actually those are the old design...the new ones are done in a press to avoid that as you see in the first pic it is the updated version..no cuts....the origionals were rough cut and i have the only copy......the new ones and press bent!

·
Mitsu In Disguise
632 Posts
actually those are the old design...the new ones are done in a press to avoid that as you see in the first pic it is the updated version..no cuts....the origionals were rough cut and i have the only copy......the new ones and press bent!
Im not talking about the bend or roughness, Im talking about the area circled in the pics below.

I know there is a slight bump there on the floorboard, but this is the first set of diamond plated mats that I have seen with that section cut. I could be wrong but it just doesn't look "smooth" to me.

EDIT: It may not be as noticable in person but in the above pics it just looks odd.

·
2K 4G64
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh! that is the cutout so it fits the floor board....it does look strange in the pics but it helps the mat fit into place!

·
Registered
241 Posts
mine does not have that strange cutout and still fit just fine on the driver side..i also cut the hole out just like the factory mat has to hold it better in place..and i also cut the mitsu diamond out in them. its not all that hard to do.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts