Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I search and searched but couldn't find any info on painting an alloy fuel door. I really need detailed instructions as I never painted aluminum or anything close to it. :dunno:
Also, if anyone can tell me where I can buy fake vents and cool options for them. Thanks :eek3:

·
6,548 Posts
I personally don't like the Grillecraft fake vents, because you can see through to the holes in the bumper, if not stock, you could always just cut that part of the bumper out.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I would only do the grillcraft if I had dremeled out the bumper. Plus with a CAI you actually get some function out of it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, not really liking the grillcraft so i think i will just paint them black.

Do they just pop out or is there anything holding them in?

What kind paint should I use...or should I not paint them ;)

Also does anyone have a quote from a shop that powdercoats the fuel door?

·
6,548 Posts
Yeah, not really liking the grillcraft so i think i will just paint them black.

Do they just pop out or is there anything holding them in?

What kind paint should I use...or should I not paint them ;)

Also does anyone have a quote from a shop that powdercoats the fuel door?
Paint them Flat Black with a clear coat over them.

I wasn't going to market myself, but if you do want something more than just that black, i make overlays for the fake vents, which resemble Grillecraft but since it's over the fake vents, you can't see the holes in the bumper.

You can see more pictures of them on and off the car in my member's rides thread.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Once I get a replacement bumper I'm going to make a custom ram intake on my old one. I currently roll the painted black though.

·
Administrator
16,323 Posts
Just take the fuel door the any local powder coating shop. Shouldnt cost more than $50 at the absolute most. Make sure you have all the rubber seals taken off though. Also, stick some paper into the grooves of where the door hinge goes into. When you powdercoat it, it adds a couple mm of thickness. It wont fit well if they are painted over. Oh, stick paper in the spring hole as well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just take the fuel door the any local powder coating shop. Shouldnt cost more than $50 at the absolute most. Make sure you have all the rubber seals taken off though. Also, stick some paper into the grooves of where the door hinge goes into. When you powdercoat it, it adds a couple mm of thickness. It wont fit well if they are painted over. Oh, stick paper in the spring hole as well.
You got any picture of where exactly you are talking about. I think I know but better to be safe than sorry ya know :eek:

Btw, thans for the heads up, I didn't even think of that :happysad:

·
Administrator
16,323 Posts
Eh, i dont have any pictures... and im too lazy/busy to take it all off for ya, snap the shots, and upload. :lol: Just take the alloy door off, and send me a pm. Its a really simple setup, and i cant tell you what it what via pm. Or hell, i could even give you my cell. just pm me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts