Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Patty Cakes
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone still here on Club3G play Fallout 4? Feel free to share your thoughts, plot progress, insights, and also your platform.

I'll start.

Playing on PC.

This is the first game since playing Fallout 1 back in 1997 that I don't care for the Brotherhood of Steel. I don't necessarily want to blow the Prydwen out of the sky. I'd really rather commandeer it.

The Institute has the right intentions, but going about damn near all of it the worst possible way. :noplease:

And I don't know what is up with my settlers at Sanctuary Hills -- they seem to be suffering from Damsel In Distress Syndrome. This is the fifth Kidnapping at Sanctuary Hills quest in a row.

·
"I dunno" guy
2,555 Posts
I wanted to play it, so I borrowed my buddies PS4 version. Played 15 minutes and lost interest. Somehow it just didn't keep my interest. Luckily I didn't buy it.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Ps4.
Love it. Not as much as NV or 3
But something feels like it's missing. Yeah babysitting the settlements is OKAY but something just isn't the same.

As always , either I finish the game way too early or I get sidetracked into 4,567 other things and never finish the fame. Right now I'm sidetracked

·
Patty Cakes
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: That became the problem when they shoehorned Minecraft into Fallout 4. See AngryJoe's commentary about it at 6m30s.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,356 Posts
It was my life for about 10 days over thanksgiving break. Got all of the settlements, beat the main story, a bunch of side quests. Took the side of the institute for this play around. When I get it on PC I think I will go with the minutemen ending where they all live but the Institute.

Now I occasionally go back into the game but I don't feel like I need to play anymore. I like how they fixed all of the problems from previous Fallouts, I love settlements and that's pretty much all I do in the game now. However I don't like the more linear leveling and such like that.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Xbox one, I've put probably 200 hours in it since release. I was all Brotherhood of Steel in 3, but now, I fucking hate the Brotherhood...

I honestly haven't played it much lately because after beating it and going on with side missions, plus building crazy settlements, the glitches made it possible to have more endless fun. Then they took them out, instead of fixing real problems. Fallout 4 is the only game I've ever played on console that has had frame rate drop so low that it was unplayable for at least 5 seconds or longer.. still go back to it though, every now and then, waiting for some huge updates, patches and dlc content

·
Patty Cakes
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need to be playing it on PC. Although, that said, the shit part is that it was made for consoles and then ported to PC. Which makes the interface a little clunky. From Workshop mode to actual first-person shooting. I've edited a couple of my configs to do what I can to eliminate input lag. It's still no Counter-Strike Source, but it works for me now.

Plus, I heard loading times on consoles are horrid. I have SSDs so I never would have thought, but damn. I feel for you guys. I remember Mass Effect 1 Citadel elevator loading times....

I have not finished the main quest yet. My current progress is I have to return to Virgil in the Glowing Sea with the Courser data for the Molecular Relay. But I have seen YouTube vids of some of the endings. Yeah, not a fan of the Brotherhood of Steel. I prefer Lyons' Brotherhood in Fallout 3. No wonder the BoS cast his group out because he saw more than their stupid, myopic religion.

I really wish there was an ending where I kill my Shaun, kill or have the synth Shaun kid reprogrammed to be not-Shawn, use Institute tech to rebuild and secure Boston. No more synth kidnappings-replacements and deceptions. Just a high-tech, progressive, and secure society. Set the Minutemen as a true police force, and trading in their stupid Laser Muskets for actual laser or plasma rifles. A city where everyone (humans, ghouls, Super Mutants, intelligent Deathclaws, etc.) is welcome as long as they contribute and don't start stupid shit.

Also, I don't like Maxson. Fucking indoctrinated pompous prick. Hell, you think your allure is giving me my own personal T-60 Power Armor? Whatever am I supposed to do with such low tech that will just gather dust in one of my several Power Armor Stations? Don't make it my problem you don't know an X-01 when you see it. Or promoting me to Knight or Paladin? That shit means nothing to me.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have the xbone with the hybrid solid state, it doesn't seem to make much difference. And I wish I had the pc version, because console commands would fix the glitches I had, like with companions or quests. I have one I built, but it needs updating pretty bad, like I might as well start over

·
CreepnIn The Shadows
4,426 Posts
I've been playing on PC, but lost interest in it recently. One day I'll get it finished up.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,356 Posts
I have the xbone with the hybrid solid state, it doesn't seem to make much difference. And I wish I had the pc version, because console commands would fix the glitches I had, like with companions or quests. I have one I built, but it needs updating pretty bad, like I might as well start over
Honestly hybrid solid states are a joke. They improve just a little bit, but nowhere near as much as a true SSD

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
I really love Fallout. I dumped a bunch of hours into 3 and even more in NV. Fallout 4 just is not tickling my fancy as much. One thing I don't care about is rationing out fusion cores to operate the power armor. I have spent most of the game without it.

I also don't care that the maps is much smaller and a large portion of it is barren and heavily radiated.

I am playing it on Xbox One. I'll get back into and finish it up soon. My next quest is to find a particular type of Synth that has that receiver chip in his head around a University.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,356 Posts
Fusion cores seem to be a lot easier to get as you go through the game, I have about 60 fully charged ones now sitting in my inventory, and several others at random charges. I like that they just automatically refill, and companions don't actually need a fusion core to operate the power armor at it's fullest.

·
Patty Cakes
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, that is somewhat disappointing. Lore-wise, Power Armors don't exhaust fusion cores that rapidly. They can operate for decades on a single cell. But I guess that's just a game mechanic they thought needed to use since the player character gets Power Armor very early into the game.

In Fallout 3, while I had a lot of Power Armors, they were all stashed in my house in Megaton. (Still a wonder why that house on stilts hasn't collapsed. :lol: ) I rarely used PA, and mostly used Reilly's Rangers Combat Armor (Luck +1), or the Chinese Stealth Armor.

Heck, in Fallout 4 so far, I'm still wearing my Vault Jumpsuit. :lol: Albeit with Sturdy Combat Armor parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My laptop won't run FO4 :(. I really liked FO 1 and 2, and FO3:NV was a smash hit for me. I didn't feel the same magic with FO3.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts