Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, I'm new to the forum and relatively new to Mitsubishi as well. I've got this funky little issue with the CC and after searching up and down the posts here I couldn't find anything directly related to my current issue.

Anyways;

9 times out of 10 when I turn the key and all the lights come on before I start the car the cruise light is already on. Turn off cruise, recycle the key, same thing.

I can set the cruise, though I have to go 5 MPH over my desired set speed for it to set; so for example I have to go 75 for it to set at 70. Not sure if that's normal with this car, but it seems to set straight away MOST of the time if I'm over 80. Anything below and I get that 5 MPH drop.

Next the coast function seems to work, click the switch down and the car decelerates 5 MPH and CC reengages.

Accelerating via the CC switch is out of the question, click up or hold and the engine very slowly drops and then CC craps out.

Going up anything bigger than a 15 degree incline and the CC will disengage on its own unless I put my foot on the pedal and accelerate through the incline, then I can release and resume normal RPMs with the CC still engaged at its set speed.

Cancel works fine hahahahahaha

I've got some ideas, iffy vacuum for the useless accelerate function and crap out on steep incline. Then again, I'm thinking faulty control module because the cruise likes to turn itself on at start up. It's funky, but not so fresh.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Szabo

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
I've said this a bunch of times, the cruise on these cars just has that glitch where it will turn on at ignition by itself. I don't think it's related to the problems. It sounds like there is a vacuum problem. Start by checking the hose, sometimes they get holes/crack.

·
Exacerbated Member
5,414 Posts
Start car turn off cc turn on cc turn off cc. next time you start the car the cc should be off.

the 5 mile over to set is caused by a collapsing hose. replace the hose with a new hose, one that has a stiffer wall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts