Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New guy from Kansas City, Missouri. I'm 20 years old and am studying to be a Mechanical Engineer at Missouri University. I love cars and racing. I don't have a job so I race for money on my free time. I hope to help this site as much as possible as I begin studying the 3rd gen Eclipse.

I recently sold my '01 Honda Accord and picked up a stock 2000 Eclipse RS 5-speed. I've been looking for one for about a year but wanted to get my other car built first. The Eclipse has 105,000 miles on it and it will be my daily driver until summer. I'm not going to waste my time or money on silly ass bolt-on's (intake, pulleys, header). I've built 2 Evo 8 motors and what caught my interest with the 3G is the Evo motor and AWD swap.

My other car is the one I race for the time being. It's a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am with a built 370 c.i. block with a 300 shot of nitrous.

YouTube - New Setup Idle

Pictures of the 3g coming soon.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, people get crazy when money is on the line. street racing is dangerous in general

I can't accept your testimony because it's spoken for others. It's obvious that you've never raced for money, so I don't find your information credible.

So if I drive my car crazy, how does that make it faster? I don't drive my car any different than when I test and tune. I would understand going from a 14-15 second car to a 10.5 car, but I've had my car for 5 years and have had plenty of practice racing it. It doesn't feel fast to me anymore and is very controlable.

But yes, going 150 mph+ with the risk of decelerating to 0 in less than a second is dangerous no matter what you're in or what you're doing.

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
I can't accept your testimony because it's spoken for others. It's obvious that you've never raced for money, so I don't find your information credible.

So if I drive my car crazy, how does that make it faster? I don't drive my car any different than when I test and tune. I would understand going from a 14-15 second car to a 10.5 car, but I've had my car for 5 years and have had plenty of practice racing it. It doesn't feel fast to me anymore and is very controlable.

But yes, going 150 mph+ with the risk of decelerating to 0 in less than a second is dangerous no matter what you're in or what you're doing.
are you on streets or private set tracks made to handle the speeds

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
I can't accept your testimony because it's spoken for others. It's obvious that you've never raced for money, so I don't find your information credible. .
your correct in many ways:

1) I dont endanger the lives of others, I only go on the track
2) If Mr. Paul WAlker here is soo good why did you only buy a 3g?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your correct in many ways:

1) I dont endanger the lives of others, I only go on the track
2) If Mr. Paul WAlker here is soo good why did you only buy a 3g?
1) I race on the street. No, not in the middle of downtown, but out in the country or industrial streets. The only other person I'm endangering is the person beside me, who KNOWS they are taking the risk and are endangering me as well.

For example: YouTube - Trans Am vs. Cobra
YouTube - February 11th

2) Who the fuck is Paul Walker? The reason I settled for the 3g is not because of their wonderful economy motor and their ability to break down once a week. It's because they take a 4g63 motor and an AWD setup like a champ. Why not buy an Evo? Because I race for money, and all my setups are wolves in sheeps' clothing.

I don't buy a car for what it is. I buy a car for what it can be.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i wasn't even aware that there were that many.

i know that the evo motor works with the 4cyl tranny. i posted pics of one that had the 4g63t that was in turbo magazine a while back. but the awd setup is a different story.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that explains why we see these swaps done so often :ugh2:

Very few people on here know the value of it and only 1 or 2 actually have done it. If you read through that one dudes thread with the blue car it doesn't sound bad at all. Wheel bases are the same, motor bolts straight in, tranny bolts straight in, rear subframe goes right in (after you cut the spare tire well out), AEM EMS plugs right in.. After the motor is in, the exhaust, i/c piping, and some wiring will have to be custom fabbed but any turbo motor that is built will need that stuff done anyway.

It's amazing how many guys/gals with 3rd gen Eclipses just want to look good and stab a hole in the muffler with a screwdriver when there is so much more potential than that it's rediculous.

·
Banned
4,408 Posts
Very few people on here know the value of it and only 1 or 2 actually have done it. If you read through that one dudes thread with the blue car it doesn't sound bad at all. Wheel bases are the same, motor bolts straight in, tranny bolts straight in, rear subframe goes right in (after you cut the spare tire well out), AEM EMS plugs right in.. After the motor is in, the exhaust, i/c piping, and some wiring will have to be custom fabbed but any turbo motor that is built will need that stuff done anyway.

It's amazing how many guys/gals with 3rd gen Eclipses just want to look good and stab a hole in the muffler with a screwdriver when there is so much more potential than that it's rediculous.
umm thanks for explaining it to us, Ive been a member on here and Im a full road race car. Im running a 75 shot currently and have a turbo kit sitting here.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts