84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After detonating the stock motor, I built one from scratch

Balanced knife edged crank
Scat rods
Forged wiesco pistons
Arp bolts and studs
And all other components are new.

Got a another head, cleaned it up. Opened it up a little. Car is running like a charm, here are a few old and new pics.

NEW MOTOR

I dont have any in car pics yet, cruising around on break in 1/4 throttle and still making 10 psi at 1/4 throttle and pulls real nice.

Reactions: Voodoo

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
Yeah, that old block got dominated. The new engine looks great though. Awesome work!

·
Registered
581 Posts
damn thats the biggest hole i've ever seen in a mitsu motor lol they had a thread on holes in blown motors on evolutionm.net

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9:1 CR and boost will be at 19 psi once the motor is broke in good. Also eliminated the balance shafts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, after looking at the old motor, I had a good tune on ECU flash, for some reason on this run EGT's were higher than normal, but also once I broke it down the Balance shaft belt was shredded, It might have let go and caused the primary to jump timing just enough to cause failure, which when it happened I was in the top of 4th at 17 PSi and then the street glowed orange in the darkness of night. Scare the shit out of me, fire and listening to metal chunks under me wasnt good either.

·
Lift and Separate
2,259 Posts
Also, after looking at the old motor, I had a good tune on ECU flash, for some reason on this run EGT's were higher than normal, but also once I broke it down the Balance shaft belt was shredded, It might have let go and caused the primary to jump timing just enough to cause failure, which when it happened I was in the top of 4th at 17 PSi and then the street glowed orange in the darkness of night. Scare the shit out of me, fire and listening to metal chunks under me wasnt good either.
Damn that sucks. The new motor looks good though, I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. Make sure to keep us posted :bigthumb:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definately will, I might take some videos today of break in driving. only about 10 psi, no higher then 3500 rpm for now

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice. That sucks on the old motor. I never changed my balance shaft belt on mine when i did the timing belt. I couldnt take it off. I needed an air ratchet. But anyways nice nice very nice. Vids please.

·
Christopher Pearce
2,542 Posts
Yeah, definitely post up some videos. I'd like to see this thing in action.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts