Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K so I've been working on this kit for some time trying to get all the rite stuff. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post up there trial and error.
I've decided to go with the evo 3 big 16 g. With the 2g evo ported ex man. ebay front mount and custom exhaust.
Thats all the easy part....:hspin: Tuning is my weak point hope all goes well... Let me know your thoughts....

Oh ya new evo X its sweetttttt..:)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
an idea. if you bought an ebay dump hosuing for the dsm's that dumped to the atmosphere, couldnt you cut the dump tube off, cut off the bend of the downpipe and basically just rotate it backwards?

it would make the dump slide behind the ac and towards the block. you can then just have a pipe made to go from the dump to the existing downpipe.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya that would be possible. That design works well with the 2g cause the motor is switched around. I'm thinking about doing that so i don't have to take out my ac... I'll post up more pics as i go.. Should be starting with the exhaust this week.

·
OMFG... Erf.....
1,741 Posts
ok well your 02 housing in that area will make you loose your 2nd radiator fan, i tried to use a dsm o2 housing on my setup and it doesn't work, the wg dump will not fit because of the power steering bracket the black part of the ps bracket, and the o2 outlet port will be aiming at your radiator, the 2nd fan there it nearly doesn't fit at all, after u bolt it up and drop your motor back in you'll see that the turbo exhaust side the tip where the bolt is will be just an inch from your fan motor, just some helpful advice because i had to change stuff, I even had to get a new 1 row aluminum radiator because the csf 2 row just doesn't give clear everything good, hope that helps

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well your 02 housing in that area will make you loose your 2nd radiator fan, i tried to use a dsm o2 housing on my setup and it doesn't work, the wg dump will not fit because of the power steering bracket the black part of the ps bracket, and the o2 outlet port will be aiming at your radiator, the 2nd fan there it nearly doesn't fit at all, after u bolt it up and drop your motor back in you'll see that the turbo exhaust side the tip where the bolt is will be just an inch from your fan motor, just some helpful advice because i had to change stuff, I even had to get a new 1 row aluminum radiator because the csf 2 row just doesn't give clear everything good, hope that helps
thanks for the advice. I do plan on modifying the o2 housing so that it faces the other way towards the motor.. were did you get you radiator from?

·
OMFG... Erf.....
1,741 Posts
thanks for the advice. I do plan on modifying the o2 housing so that it faces the other way towards the motor.. were did you get you radiator from?
i got my 1 row all aluinum rad at Summitracing.com
Pro-liance radiator its 159.95

Proliance Ready Rad 439509 - Proliance Ready-Rad Radiators - summitracing.com

this exact one right here, if you have an auto your gonna need a tranny cooler, i didn't have to worry about that since i'm a manual

Is there something i should look out for on the turbo?
yea mostly an unbalanced shaft lol that probably what most ebay brands don't do is balance the shaft in the turbo

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm using the o2 housing I bought from you on my setup........it's close but it clears

·
OMFG... Erf.....
1,741 Posts
I'm using the o2 housing I bought from you on my setup........it's close but it clears
yea its close but the dsm cast o2's can clear, he'll have a problem with the wastegate pipe its gonna be obstructed by the powersteering bracket did u look at the porting on the o2 housing? sorry i couldn't port it more my air compressor broke, sucks

·
Registered
629 Posts
yea its close but the dsm cast o2's can clear, he'll have a problem with the wastegate pipe its gonna be obstructed by the powersteering bracket did u look at the porting on the o2 housing? sorry i couldn't port it more my air compressor broke, sucks
Ah...I get what you're saying...

That's funny because my air compressor broke while porting it too.....I had to port my turbo anyways so I just got a few more sanding bits and finished porting the o2 housing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts