Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'v got a question tonight at work someones car rolled into the back of my bumper a witness told me he could hear the hit and it made my car move about 2 feet including the fact that i'm automatic and had the e break on
do u think there could be any damage behind the bumper, that visually only has a crack on it.

·
I'd Rather Be Flying
2,106 Posts
well if the hit was exactly at the middle of the bumper (below the license plate) the "hole" where the spare tire is maybe is damage.
just check.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I think you would need to remove the bumper cover and check the actual bumper/dampner to see if any of it was crushed. If your car moved that far while in park with the e-brake on then they must have hit you fairly hard :uh:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If your car moved that far while in park with the e-brake on then they must have hit you fairly hard :uh:
+1

Granted, I haven't had our tranny apart yet, but typically speaking when an automatic is in park, a pall engages a locking gear, which is why the car doesn't roll. If the parking pall was engaged, as well as the parking brake, and the car still moved forward about 2 feet then either your shifter cable (and parking brake cables for that matter) might not be properly adjusted or something might have broke...otherwise, 2 feet is a long way for the vehicle to travel. Look in the damaged vehicles section for the damage to my rear bumper and my Harley...the Harley was in neutral and only slid forward about 1 foot when it was hit, and the fender was trashed!

As for damage to the bumper, take it to a body shop and have them give you a free estimate...:ugh2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts