Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a wrx and is upgrading his entire engine, so he said he wants to sell me all his stock stuff, turbo, intercooler, etc. all im wondering is will there be fitment problems or is it even worth trying to hook this up...my car also has 84000 miles on it, so that could be a problem too, im kinda new to turbo set ups so any help would be great

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
kernflake0077 said:
my friend has a wrx and is upgrading his entire engine, so he said he wants to sell me all his stock stuff, turbo, intercooler, etc. all im wondering is will there be fitment problems or is it even worth trying to hook this up...my car also has 84000 miles on it, so that could be a problem too, im kinda new to turbo set ups so any help would be great
Is it a STI? You dont want the STI turbo, you want the WRX turbo. The TD04 13T from the wrx is a good turbo. Its not that much different in size to the ones tearstone is using and it has been proven to hold 20psi of boost fine.

I hope he isnt asking more than 150$ for the turbo..... i would give him like 300 for the turbo and intercooler. And remember, they have a top mounted intercooler that might be a little weird trying to retrofit.

You'll definetly need to get some custom piping done, which wont be that difficult. Use the stock exhaust manifolds and run a setup similar to the tearstone setup. And then you'll need all the fuel parts like a FPR, injectors, etc. And whichever form of fuel and ignition management you choose.

If you are on a budget, this is a good idea. Alot of the 3si guys are doing this actually as an upgrade to their stock turbos. theres a whole thread deticated to it over there. heres the link: http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228909&highlight=wrx

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
mike, im sure as a really cheap turbo kit, it will be just fine :)

And miledge means very little. It really depends on how well the car has been taken care of, and what kind of condition the motor is in. Get it tuned properly and you dont have to worry.

·
Zed oh six
6,234 Posts
callmeebryan said:
mike, im sure as a really cheap turbo kit, it will be just fine :)
Absolutely not! I cant beleive you are saying that!

You never wanna get something that will be "good enough". You want something that will be of optimum performance and relaibility. Do it right the first time!

Sure, he may be able to piece together a cheap kit wth it, but when he blows his motor because it is half-assed, it wont be cheap then.

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
I didnt mean cheap as in poor quality.... i meant as in price. :bigthumb:

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
Rulez said:
The fact remains, that turbo, used in a single setup kit, could do more harm than good.
:twothumb: so maybe he should find another wrx turbo and run a twin setup :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts