Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok Ive been searching boards of ways route my FMIC piping without cutting up everything. My FMIC is 6.5'' tall, 27.5 long (without including the end tank there like 2'' long)and the width of the FMIC is 2.2''.

should i follow the piping style like rulez or does anybody have a better route to go

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just need the quality piping for a reasonable price that will not involve a lot of cutting since every shop ive been to wants to hack up my front bumper

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
thahnic1080 said:
i just need the quality piping for a reasonable price that will not involve a lot of cutting since every shop ive been to wants to hack up my front bumper
In order to get a FMIC, you have to hack up the front bumper cover. There is really no other way around it unless you run your piping through the other side of the car like I did and have the FMIC fit up next to your A/C condensor.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i understand that you have hack up the front bumper but the shops i went to said if they did the piping there would be no bumper. i wish i could buy someones IC piping

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
thahnic1080 said:
i understand that you have hack up the front bumper but the shops i went to said if they did the piping there would be no bumper. i wish i could buy someones IC piping
I have IC piping for sale, but it comes with a turbo kit attached :lol:

I think you are learning first hand there is no cheap way out of doing a turbo kit properly the first time around.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah im still learning thats why the kit isnt going on right away. but heres the solution installed the kit non intercooled but mount the FMIC then probably take it to this guy i know or a muffler shop to fabricate the pipes.

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
thahnic1080 said:
yeah im still learning thats why the kit isnt going on right away. but heres the solution installed the kit non intercooled but mount the FMIC then probably take it to this guy i know or a muffler shop to fabricate the pipes.
Taking it to a muffler shop is like pulling your car into the back of home depot to get worked on. I have never heard of any muffler shop that uses a mandrel bender or cuts & welds mild steel bends. You really should take it to a performance shop or a shop that does more than welds on exhaust hangers and mufflers onto cars.

You need a shop that does mandrel bends, and has a bead roller.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the muffler shop im talkin has a guy that does everybodys piping and also turbo manifolds. All i need to do is tell him how i want to run my pipes or give him pictures of how i want the pipes to run

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its a muffler shop when their open but not when their closed :twothumb: i will have to call him though so i could get all the details

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well since were on subject how much did you guys have to cut on rulez bumper to fit it because thats how i want to route my piping

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive studied both cars but in the pictures it looks like your car has lots of bends vs rulez car is more straight through with less bends correct me if im wrong

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
ok i think we got the idea of how to run my run pipes we took your design and rulez design and fuse them take a look

basically run the pipe under the other one but its still under construction

nevermind that wont work back to the drawing board :bash:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts