Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how did you program your remote? :confused:

i ordered a remote online, it came yesterday, and i went to program it by the instructions they sent me, and by the instructions on here in the archived how-tos. (yes i searched HIJACKER :rofl:) the instructions say to press the PANIC button 6 times in 10 seconds to make it into 'program mode'. but the RS remote doesnt have a PANIC button, so how do we do it?

any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, i followed all of the directions to a T, and still nothing. im putting the keys in, grounding pin 1 to pin 4, closing the door, pressing the hazard switch 10 times rapidly, and then nothing happens.

anyone have any idea whats going on?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
okay, i followed all of the directions to a T, and still nothing. im putting the keys in, grounding pin 1 to pin 4, closing the door, pressing the hazard switch 10 times rapidly, and then nothing happens.

anyone have any idea whats going on?

1. Ground the pin (use a jumper between pins 1 & 4) FIRST.

2. Put the key in (do not turn it to any position), close the door.

3. Press the hazard switch 6 times quickly within ten seconds (you don't have to press it like your life depended on it, just get it done in under 10 seconds).

4. After a brief second or two, the doors will lock and unlock. At this point, press the lock button on the remotes(s) you wish to program 3 times (do one remote at a time). If the remote successfully programs, the doors will lock and unlock again.

5. When you are done, un-ground the pin and get out. It's over.

NOTE: The Denso remotes are for 00-01, while the OMRON remotes are for the 02-05. The "DENSO" remote has a number on the back that reads "HYQ12ABA" or something similar. The "OMRON" logo will be on the back of the newer ones with numbers that read something like "G8D-525M-A8", "OUCG8D-525M-A8" or something similar.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
so is what i pictured above correct?
It looks like you had it right. Pin 1 is in the row closest to the firewall and on the end farthest from the white flash connector (closest to the door). Did you check to make sure you have the Denso remote and not the Omron?

Other than that, I think you said you put the key in and then grounded the pin...make sure you follow the order I listed...if you don't, it won't work...

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah ive got the DENSO.
ill try it again in the morning, and ill post up my results.
thanks for your continued help man.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
yeah ive got the DENSO.
ill try it again in the morning, and ill post up my results.
thanks for your continued help man.
No problem...let me know how it turns out...:bigthumb:

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nope, did it exactly as you said. still didnt do it. i cant make it to where it locks/unlocks after the hazard switch.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
nope, did it exactly as you said. still didnt do it. i cant make it to where it locks/unlocks after the hazard switch.
:uh:

I just read back through the link I had sent you...the guy who posted the directions orginally said 10 times, but it's actually only 6 times...I'm updating my post early to reflect this...just follow the same steps I listed above, but just press the hazard switch 6 times...

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:uh:

I just read back through the link I had sent you...the guy who posted the directions orginally said 10 times, but it's actually only 6 times...I'm updating my post early to reflect this...just follow the same steps I listed above, but just press the hazard switch 6 times...
okay, ill try that here in a minute, and post my results. thanks for the update. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well i had been trying to do the same thing a while back and after many failed attempts i came across something that said it was related to the "etacs" unit. I don't know if this correct but maybe someone else might know more.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
nope, tried that. still not going into programming mode...this is starting to piss me off now.
Damn, I'm at a loss then...I wonder if the battery might be dead in the remote? :ugh2:

EDIT: Well, you said it wouldn't go into programming mode, so that wouldn't matter...I'd have to look in the FSM to see if there's any troubleshooting that can be done...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Quick question regarding this. I have a '01 RS and I was under the impression that only the GS model could have a keyless remote programmed to it. But if thats not the case then I'm probably going to get myself a set of remotes for my car. But could someone verify that for me.

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn, I'm at a loss then...I wonder if the battery might be dead in the remote? :ugh2:

EDIT: Well, you said it wouldn't go into programming mode, so that wouldn't matter...I'd have to look in the FSM to see if there's any troubleshooting that can be done...
Quick question regarding this. I have a '01 RS and I was under the impression that only the GS model could have a keyless remote programmed to it. But if thats not the case then I'm probably going to get myself a set of remotes for my car. But could someone verify that for me.
FSM??? yeah im really coming up blank with what could be wrong here...sooooo many RS's have remotes to them (programmed by the owner) so i dont understand why im having trouble.

·
Registered
253 Posts
make sure u are on the right pins and that your DLC is actually working properly by say plugging a scanner into it...if that works then make sure u are on the correct pins

1 - 20 of 44 Posts