Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

For all you RS guys...

4K views 43 replies 9 participants last post by  rmkest77 
#1 ·
how did you program your remote? :confused:

i ordered a remote online, it came yesterday, and i went to program it by the instructions they sent me, and by the instructions on here in the archived how-tos. (yes i searched HIJACKER :rofl:) the instructions say to press the PANIC button 6 times in 10 seconds to make it into 'program mode'. but the RS remote doesnt have a PANIC button, so how do we do it?

any help would be great.

#2 ·
#7 · (Edited)
1. Ground the pin (use a jumper between pins 1 & 4) FIRST.

2. Put the key in (do not turn it to any position), close the door.

3. Press the hazard switch 6 times quickly within ten seconds (you don't have to press it like your life depended on it, just get it done in under 10 seconds).

4. After a brief second or two, the doors will lock and unlock. At this point, press the lock button on the remotes(s) you wish to program 3 times (do one remote at a time). If the remote successfully programs, the doors will lock and unlock again.

5. When you are done, un-ground the pin and get out. It's over.

NOTE: The Denso remotes are for 00-01, while the OMRON remotes are for the 02-05. The "DENSO" remote has a number on the back that reads "HYQ12ABA" or something similar. The "OMRON" logo will be on the back of the newer ones with numbers that read something like "G8D-525M-A8", "OUCG8D-525M-A8" or something similar.

#9 ·
It looks like you had it right. Pin 1 is in the row closest to the firewall and on the end farthest from the white flash connector (closest to the door). Did you check to make sure you have the Denso remote and not the Omron?

Other than that, I think you said you put the key in and then grounded the pin...make sure you follow the order I listed...if you don't, it won't work...

#11 ·
No problem...let me know how it turns out...:bigthumb:

#13 ·
:uh:

I just read back through the link I had sent you...the guy who posted the directions orginally said 10 times, but it's actually only 6 times...I'm updating my post early to reflect this...just follow the same steps I listed above, but just press the hazard switch 6 times...

#17 ·
Damn, I'm at a loss then...I wonder if the battery might be dead in the remote? :ugh2:

EDIT: Well, you said it wouldn't go into programming mode, so that wouldn't matter...I'd have to look in the FSM to see if there's any troubleshooting that can be done...

#18 ·
Quick question regarding this. I have a '01 RS and I was under the impression that only the GS model could have a keyless remote programmed to it. But if thats not the case then I'm probably going to get myself a set of remotes for my car. But could someone verify that for me.

#22 ·
Mine's an 03, but an RS none-the-less and it worked perfect for me the first time trying it...:ugh2:

FSM??? yeah im really coming up blank with what could be wrong here...sooooo many RS's have remotes to them (programmed by the owner) so i dont understand why im having trouble.
FSM = Factory Service Manual...Tearstone has them posted in one of the stickys...make sure you look at the 00-02 one instead of the 03-05. I could be that those are the procedures for the 03-05, and the 00-02 have a slightly different procedure, but I have no clue...:scratch:

#24 ·
Sounds good...another option you might try (just a shot in the dark), but see about using a hefty paper clip or something solid...I know it'd be a fluke, but maybe the wire you're using isn't getting a good connection...:ugh2:

#27 ·
hmm...and you're grounding the pin before you shut the door and put the key in?

#29 ·
I dont have a remote for my RS. but i tried seeing if i can get it into program mode this way i know a remote will work and nothing happens for me either. I know u need the etacs thing under the dash, which the rs comes with like any other, but im thinking that on my etacs, i dont have the keyless feature programed to it?

#30 ·
i dont know, because my friends got an RS, identical to mine (2000, RS, Fed Spec, etc.) and his did it fine. we even tried to configure my remote to his car for shits and giggles, and it worked fine. so i have no idea. i really dont want to take it to the dealer and spend $60 to get it programmed...:twitch:

#34 ·
Did you ever get it working RadEclipse? If not, I have an idea that should just require you to look for a couple wires to confirm it...

#40 ·
i dont know, because my friends got an RS, identical to mine (2000, RS, Fed Spec, etc.) and his did it fine. we even tried to configure my remote to his car for shits and giggles, and it worked fine. so i have no idea. i really dont want to take it to the dealer and spend $60 to get it programmed...:twitch:
I'd say his battery is good...I'm thinking that his car just isn't wired for keyless entry...if you look in the FSM, they list three central door locking system circuits:

VEHICLES WITHOUT KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM

VEHICLES WITH KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM (WITHOUT THEFT-ALARM SYSTEM)

VEHICLES WITH KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM (WITH THEFT-ALARM SYSTEM)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.