Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this seem right? mine just seems to sit kinda high. This is my first SS install are those stupid blue bushings supposed to go under neat the base or no?:uh:

Stock.

Ralco

·
Registered
124 Posts
that's what mine looks like. i forget to install the blue risers. lol. i was bitching because my throws weren't any shorter..it felt like a stock replacement. but after thinking about it for a few mins, i realized those risers will fix that. so i'll have to go and take it all out and put those in and then put it all back together...im more worried about making a mess with all the grease than taking it apart, cuz it's easy as pie. lol

·
Learning the Ropes
94 Posts
So is anyone actually satisfied with this shifter or should I have it shipped back in exchange for the Megan shifter once they come in? I haven't had an hour to work on my car since it came in the mail.

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the way its supposed to go in is the way it is in my pics. took less than an hour to put in. its fine.

·
Medic
2,354 Posts
Id return it and get a megan SS. They are great and steve(hijacker) offers custom knobs for them. I belive a second version is coming out from sc-customs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the way its supposed to go in is the way it is in my pics. took less than an hour to put in. its fine.

the ralco shifter has the same design as the b&m adjustable 45186

it is harder to install but only shifter that will give you 45% reduction check out this link:

Short Shifter - Ok iv spent about 1 hr on ebay and still cant find a short shifter that can go on an 05 GS. they go up to 04 ... is there any diffrence in the 04 and 05 as far as short shifter? and if any one has a site that sells them for a good pri

·
Registered
124 Posts
alright. i got mine done with the 45% reduction. i had to grind away at the plastic base for enough clearance for that shifter linkage. also had to add extra risers to the rear of the base cuz the linkage was actually rubbing the car body. haha. it's all done and wow, it's sooo short. lol. i love it. it's not too short where you can't tell what gear your in, but it has a real solid throw and just the twitch of the wrist can shift the gears. haha. took about 4 hours because i had no instructions and i had to keep grinding and checkin for clearance. now that i know what i'd have to do, i say about an hour and a half. well worth it.

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
so between this and megans, are they the same height with same knob?
I'm waiting on stock for megans also.

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
That SS shortens the throw not the length. The height of the actual shifter doesnt change only the pivot point which causes the throws to be shorter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
alright. i got mine done with the 45% reduction. i had to grind away at the plastic base for enough clearance for that shifter linkage. also had to add extra risers to the rear of the base cuz the linkage was actually rubbing the car body. haha. it's all done and wow, it's sooo short. lol. i love it. it's not too short where you can't tell what gear your in, but it has a real solid throw and just the twitch of the wrist can shift the gears. haha. took about 4 hours because i had no instructions and i had to keep grinding and checkin for clearance. now that i know what i'd have to do, i say about an hour and a half. well worth it.
nice would love to see pictures of the installation?

·
Registered
124 Posts

That's where you have to cut the base so that there's clearance for that shift linkage thing.

here's a shitty comparison photo. but the top is before, the bottom is after the 45%.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Why does everyone have so much damn length on the shift rod itself? Holy crap, I know mine doesn't look ANYTHING like that. Out of all the photos you've posted, I would say go back to OEM.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i like how high it sits. i always have drinks in the cupholder and it think it'd be even harder to shift if the knob was lower. the shifts are super short now, so screw that oem shifter. lol. it looks really tall in the pics but it actually sits a little lower then stock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts