Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tal
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i got my 01 3g gt about 6 months ago and am looking to do some engine modding. i've always liked superchargers so i was going to do that but every where i hear that stock internals won't cut it. anyone out there have a set of forged pistons and/or rods they were looking to get rid of? i figured i could probably get a slightly used set for cheaper on here with a little better quality than anywhere else

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
Depending on how many pounds of boost you want to run stock internals will cut it. Mileage is a factor also.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
well a stage one will run about 6 psi, but from what i've read that's starting to push it anywhere past that with stock internals
I'm running a turbo at 7 psi on a stock motor with 120k on it. As long as the tune is in check, the stock block can handle a bit more using a supercharger (10 psi has been proven). You should be fine as long as you are on Stage 1. It's all in the tune. If you plan on going beyond Stage 1, then pistons will get you there.

·
Tal
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you guys just made my month. i'm so glad i joined, i'm stuck way up in northern minnesota where very very few people know anything about this car. shop after shop, (trying to upsell i'm sure) told me pistons and rods were absolutely necessary.

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Forged rods. No need to replace them. Should take you up to 400 from what I have read. Piston on the other hand, been done up to 10 Psi on a gts. That's further than many had ever believed just years ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you guys just made my month. i'm so glad i joined, i'm stuck way up in northern minnesota where very very few people know anything about this car. shop after shop, (trying to upsell i'm sure) told me pistons and rods were absolutely necessary.
lol you can pick up some 6g72 stock pistons new for under 200. keep the stock rods and boost 20psi. its done all day long with mid 90's 3000gt with single cams. ou can also use the tt rods and pick them up for under 200.00 as well with both you could push them up to 550 safely.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
lol you can pick up some 6g72 stock pistons new for under 200. keep the stock rods and boost 20psi. its done all day long with mid 90's 3000gt with single cams. ou can also use the tt rods and pick them up for under 200.00 as well with both you could push them up to 550 safely.
What the fuck are you talking about

·
Super Trooper =b
351 Posts
alright, if your not just blowing smoke up your ass show us a link.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts