Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a sds draw thru kit and I was just wondering should I use an aeromotive fpr or a vortec 12:1 fmu. Or would the vortec12:1 work for the sds?
I plan on installing my kit sometime next week.
Here is a list of what I have
-ripp sds kit and oil lines
-custom draw thru piping
-tapped oil pan
-Greddy oil block adapter
-3 pillar gauge pod
-boost,egt,and oil pressure gauges
-310cc injectors
-denso ik22 plugs
-deyeme firm motor mounts
-diamante intake manifold
-walbro 255 fuel pump
-summit racing battery relocator kit

Im not sure on what kind of fpr to get i'm thinking of getting a aeromotive, or if anyone knows could I use a vortec 12:1 fmu.

Plan to get
-Tearstone 65mm throttle body
-swap my at to a mt

I plan to use ecu flash once I succesfully learn how to use it.

·
Ironworker Local #16
723 Posts
The Aeromotive FPR is a good choice but you can't use that to tune your SDS. You'll need to reflash your ECU and use something like a greddy E-management to tune your car safe. If you don't know how to do the tuning yourself, have a shop that has a good rep do it. Not to be rude but it seems like you have a lot to learn. a FMU is a fuel management unit, and a FPR is a Fuel pressure regulator. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Todd you are correct. A FPR is designed to regulate the fuel pressure and increase the fuel pressure at a 1:1 ratio when under boost. A FMU is designed to exponentially increase fuel pressure on the rail under boost. The problem is that no one has gotten it to work very well with any boosted setup on the 3G.

Ash, sounds like you are setting yourself up for a world of hurt.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just received my boost cooler, and stg.2 pulley from ripp mods I think i'm gonna get a aeromotive fpr. I found a shop to install everything. I know I could install everything its just I don't know too much about ecu flash and the fpr.
I am also going to get a aem wideband. I found one @ 4wheelpats.com for 210 shipped does any know of any other parts id need for the install because I want to have all the parts together for the shop so there will be less downtime. I've talked to the mechanic at the shop and he said all I'd need was the ecu flash for tuning.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
You can't tune the 3G for boost with just a flash. THE STOCK ECU DOES NOT UNDERSTAND LOAD GREATER THAN 100%. WHEN YOU BOOST A CAR, LOAD VALUES GO IN EXCESS OF 100%. Hell, EVOs can see load higher than 320%!

You need to do a lot more reading, trust me you are about to spend way more money than you thought.

Where are you located at?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts