Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody want to take a bite? I might setup a computer on the side to keep this little program active for 3 months. :)

Microsoft's been keeping its record pretty clean of late, but we suppose it couldn't end the year without a parting shot meant to cheese off the ultra-private, Microsoft-eats-children types. The company's latest diabolical plan involves giving away free copies of Windows Vista Ultimate, Office Ultimate '07, Money Plus Premium, Encarta Premium or Streets and Trips -- scary, we know. Through the following link Welcome - Windows Feedback Program you can sign up for this program, which has the following rules:
Participation is currently limited to US residents of 18 years and older.
You are the owner of the computer you use for this program.
The automated feedback program is offered to Windows Vista and Windows XP customers only.
The survey feedback program applies to all versions of Windows.
Microsoft, comScore, and MarketTools employees are not eligible to participate.

What's Free?
  • Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)
  • Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
  • Microsoft Money Plus Premium
  • Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2008
  • Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008

All you need to do is fill out a few surveys now and then, and download a little app that lets Microsoft watch your every move for three months. If you can manage to be a good little pod person for that long, you get a free copy of whatever software title you selected in the mail. But really, can you put a price on dignity?

Exactly, you can't, so sign us up!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I'd get that and constantly stream beastiality.

No but seriously, that's a bit intrusive for what it's worth, I like my privacy.. However, I do feel there will be plenty of bites..

·
Ur a worthless noob
12,194 Posts
I might do this on my laptop since I dont like the fact that they will know my every move though. At least on my laptop, my Vista is legit :lol:

·
Just Married 05-15
1,755 Posts
I can just put it on one of the computers I don't use and leave it online and running for the 3 months. ;) Nooiice...!

·
Um... Yeah!?
32,055 Posts
Pffft. Windows Vista is annoying as hell. I wouldn't use it if they gave it to me for free, without any stipulations.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Already running Vista Ultimate and Office07. Not impressed with either package of shit. Might make for a good coaster though :yesway:

·
One Lucky Fuck
10,172 Posts
I have Vista Ultimate and Office '07 Professional running on my laptop and Office '07 running on an XP Pro SP2 machine at the office. No problem with either setup :dunno:

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I have Vista Ultimate and Office '07 Professional running on my laptop and Office '07 running on an XP Pro SP2 machine at the office. No problem with either setup :dunno:
Almost sounds like you have gotten used to the mediocracy of MS. They would be happy to know that! I don't have "problems" either. Like I said, I am not impressed. Not even close. This feels like a re-skinned XP to me just a little more bloated and with an extra "clearcoat" applied.

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,305 Posts
Almost sounds like you have gotten used to the mediocracy of MS. They would be happy to know that! I don't have "problems" either. Like I said, I am not impressed. Not even close. This feels like a re-skinned XP to me just a little more bloated and with an extra "clearcoat" applied.
I guess you'll be happy running on Win2k forever.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I guess you'll be happy running on Win2k forever.
:nuts: No. I'd be happy if they put $400 worth of new code into the OS instead of just trying to make it look different than XP. My Vista "works". But I am not seeing $400 worth of software here.... Do you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.