Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so i did some research on here and a few general searches on google, but i can't find anyone with the same problem that I'm having. So here's the problem: when I'm driving and i have the ac on, its fine, but as soon as i turn left or coast left or even if i hit some rough road on the interstate, i get a very very audible vibration noise from the dash. Its louder towards the passenger side. I had a mechanic look at it, and he said it was my passenger mount. So i replaced my mount and even installed prothane mount insersts in all the mounts. I took the car out afterwards and put the ac on while on the interstate and as soon as i coasted left, the thundering noise came rolling in.

Does anyone know what this could be? It happens even if i stop at a light or stop sign, then turn left. It happens when the heat or cold is set. And the mount and mount insert replacement did not fix it. Can any one put in some input? Any help at all is appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its been happening since i got the car. since then i have replace both of the front wheel bearings. it doesnt sound like its coming from down there. it sounds like its coming from the dash. maybe even the firewall right behind the glove compartment and radio.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Usually you just have to remove the blower motor and look at it. Sometimes removing a cabin filter can give you some visibility.

Does AC have to be on to trigger the noise? If you turn the HVAC completely off does it do it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ac has to be on. I can drive with it on just fine, but if i go left or hit a bump, it triggers and starts vibrating vigourously. I cant get a video of it at the moment. It just seems like I'm the only person to have this problem

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Well now that we know the ac must be on that helps.

When you turn on your ac the actual compressor spins, and also the ac fan spins. If something is wrong with those parts or there is a foreign object then it could cause noise. I'd get it to start making the noise then look and listen under the hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.