Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please note that all parts will be thrown away by 8/6/2011. Everything is OBO simply because I'm moving, and not taking this stuff with me.

I have here parts from the 6g72 block, and other random parts. Here are some of the things I'm selling. If you see anything else in the pictures that you may need, let me know.

Everything is +shipping.

00-02 Tails: $10
00-02 Foglights: SOLD
00-02 Turn Signals: $15
Stock Springs (all 4 of them): $30
6g72 210cc Injectors: $5 each
6g72 Fuel Rail: $5
6g72 Coolant manifold: $10
6g72 Exhaust Manifolds (includes 02 sensor): $20
6g72 Intake Upper Manifold: $15
6g72 Intake Lower Manifold: $10
6g72 Oil Pan: $5 Pending Sale
6g72 Oil Filter Bracket (with new oil pressure sensor): $10
6g72 Water Pump (10,000 miles use, works fine): $5

Also up for sale is the "3.0L V6 24 Valve" valve cover powder coated candy blue. It has a pretty new gasket on it (<2000 miles, if that), with minor bends where one of the bolt hole is. For the time that I've had this on my car, it has not leaked any oil. I also just recently found a tiny little knick in the paint, that isn't very noticeable. I am selling it for $30+shipping OBO.

(Please ignore the rear valve cover and the intake manifold gaskets)

·
Pandora
864 Posts
so why are you trading it? this just seems odd that your trading a valve cover that is powder coated and are looking to get another valve cover... and you wouldnt mind it being the same color... i understand that it is not leaking but is slightly damaged...is that the only cause of the trade? I just cant make sense of this....

·
Grammar Nazi
658 Posts
so why are you trading it? this just seems odd that your trading a valve cover that is powder coated and are looking to get another valve cover... and you wouldnt mind it being the same color... i understand that it is not leaking but is slightly damaged...is that the only cause of the trade? I just cant make sense of this....
This :scratch:

·
Pandora
864 Posts
ah... i didnt see that you were trading a 3L valve cover for a 3.5L valve cover. That is understandable. sorry good luck with the trade.

·
Grocery Getter? Nah
437 Posts
ah... i didnt see that you were trading a 3L valve cover for a 3.5L valve cover. That is understandable. sorry good luck with the trade.
He doesn't want the 3.5L valve cover, in fact the 3.5L valve cover is rather boring with no writing on it. I believe he wants the 2000 "Mitsubishi V6 24 Valve" valve cover because it doesn't actually signify displacement. It also came on the 1999-2000 Galants.

this is mine:

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts
He doesn't want the 3.5L valve cover, in fact the 3.5L valve cover is rather boring with no writing on it. I believe he wants the 2000 "Mitsubishi V6 24 Valve" valve cover because it doesn't actually signify displacement. It also came on the 1999-2000 Galants.
:agreed: Exactly. Seemed obvious to me from his opening post what he wanted.

I no longer have a 3.0L; I have a 3.5L. Therefor the 3.0L description is no longer accurate. Plus I'm tired of people telling me I have a stock engine.:rant2:
Well if you didn't build the 3.5L then you do have a stock engine.

·
I'm so lucky I got u
103 Posts

this is mine:
Nice, thats not a color I would think of but it looks great. Do you have a photo of your entire engine bay?:yesway:

·
Exacerbated Member
5,414 Posts
I have the cover that you want but there are two things…

I don’t want the cover that you want to trade it for, for obvious reasons (see pic)

Also my cover has a small dent in it… you can see it near the front corner buy the oil cap. This dent could easily be filled by brazing if you wanted to do that. It has a gasket that is in good shape but I always replace the gasket when I reinstall a valve cover and I would recommend you do it also.

The recommended attaching screw torque should always be observed when fitting a valve cover because over tightening both bends the valve cover and causes a more rapid gasket deterioration and hastens leaking. Also the mating surface must be truly flat and smooth with no scratches or groves.

If you want my cover you can PM me with an alternate offer of exchange.

322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys!

:agreed:

Beriant's thread also has one. They both have the throttle cable bracket though, unlike the pic Beam posted.
I will definitely keep it in mind. Thanks for the suggestion.

Well if you didn't build the 3.5L then you do have a stock engine.
Good point. I meant to say I was tired of people telling me I had a 3.0L; my mistake.

I have the cover that you want but there are two things…

I don’t want the cover that you want to trade it for, for obvious reasons (see pic)

Also my cover has a small dent in it… you can see it near the front corner buy the oil cap. This dent could easily be filled by brazing if you wanted to do that. It has a gasket that is in good shape but I always replace the gasket when I reinstall a valve cover and I would recommend you do it also.

The recommended attaching screw torque should always be observed when fitting a valve cover because over tightening both bends the valve cover and causes a more rapid gasket deterioration and hastens leaking. Also the mating surface must be truly flat and smooth with no scratches or groves.

If you want my cover you can PM me with an alternate offer of exchange.
I don't think I have the tools for brazing, but that dent isn't too bad. I will keep you in mind if end up selling this. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.