Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Clutchmasters FX200 clutch kit (pressure plate, kevlar disc and TOB) for sale. (Please see description under pictures)

and a Clutchmasters Lightweight flywheel

These parts have been in the car for less than 5 miles. Here's the story... I decided after reading every thread on this site about replacing the clutch/flywheel, that I would give it a try. I bought the clutch from Wesellcarparts.com (great service) and the flywheel was new from a member on here. Two days later the clutch was in and bled, I went to test it out and it grabbed too close to the floor. There was no way I was taking the trans off again so I decided to take it to a shop near my house. The good 'ole boy at the shop said there was no way to adjust the clutch and said the part must not have been right(not knowing about the pedal adjustment) and said he had to put a part he bought in, in order to guarantee the job. Needing my car, I caved. He said that he thought there was a hot spot on the pressure plate, I took a picture of it so everything is out in the open. The clutch drove fine for the 5 miles I drove it for, actually better than the clutch they put in at the shop.

So I am selling this setup as is. Used but still new-ish.

The pressure plate is dirty, but the white paint is still there, and the disc is still yellow and still has all the stickers on it.

Here is a list of everything that comes with the clutch and flywheel

THESE PARTS ARE FOR A GS 4G64

FX200 (Part# 05-048-HDKV)
Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
Full Kevlar Disc
Throw Out Bearing
Dummy Spline (Alignment tool)

Lightweight Flywheel (FW-735-6AL)
Longer flywheel bolts from a 2g Turbo FWD (MD302074) as referenced in this thread...

http://www.club3g.com/forum/parts-r...clutchmasters-4cyl-flywheel-fx300-clutch.html

I paid $455 for the clutch and $250 for the flywheel and $40 for all the bolts

I am asking $550 for everything (PLUS ACTUAL SHIPPING)

I also have a set of EBC OEM replacement brake discs for a 2001 GT not a GS (I upgraded the brakes)

Asking $50 for the pair (PLUS ACTUAL SHIPPING)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd rather not separate the set, since they are essentially made for each other, give me a couple days to think about it.

Anyone interested in the entire set, I'll do $550 shipped.

I only wish I had the time and patience to put this back in and shove the old parts up the mechanic's ass.

My loss is your gain.

·
boosted x2
171 Posts
If you sell him the flywheel, how much for the clutch shipped to 27104 ? And does it work fine now? I need a new clutch cause mine is starting to slip cause of power from turbo etc.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as I know if you adjust the master cylinder it should work, but like I said in my post, I only had it on the car for 5 miles.

I'll do $250 for the clutch and $220 for the flywheel + $10 shipping for each. If you want I'll do $450 both and I'll do $15 shipped. Please also remember that these include TOB, and longer flywheel bolts.

These parts are essentially new and any problems I had were install problems. If you go to a good installer who knows performance clutches, or you know them I don't think there should be a problem. As with all sales on here I'm not warranting the parts, that's for Clutchmasters to do.

Please PM me for more details.

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
If this is still available in a month I will for surely jump on the clutch at least. I've got the fidanza flywheel, just have to see what shape it's in.

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
Cool, I'll let you know in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts