·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THIS CAN BE CLOSED

Compaq Presario R3000

Windows XP
Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz processor
512 MB RAM (2 slots - max 2gig capadability)
60 Gig HD
dvd/cd-rw
56k modem/802.11b wireless internet
15.4" screen

It's an '04 w/ original battery that holds little charge. A new battery on ebay will run $50, otherwise keep it in a jack for direct power.

The R3000s also had a soldering problem with the DC power jack. Over time they losen, so it has to be resoldered. If you don't know how, a local shop might help out for a small price. Here is a report I found online showing the problem, and how to fix it. Compaq Presario R3000 power cord issue

If there are any questions, feel free to ask. I can also provide more pictures.. with power on and what not if necissary. Thanks for looking.

·
Halfway off da hinge
2,277 Posts
can you take a closer pic of the cord you're talking about. I have an older Compaq that did the samething. I just cut the cord down and resoldered everything. I'm looking to upgrade to something newer tho'.

Can you power it up and take a pic of it as well.

Whats the shipping cost looking like to all 48 states?

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Damn, thats awesome for someone who needs a laptop for ECUflash. I totally would have bought this instead of my Wal-mart laptop.

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take a picture of .. the dc adapter? It's the box that is connected to the motherboard.. i'd have to take it apart for the pic, unless you want to see the hole (lol?). I'm NOT talking about the power cord..

Pictures of it powered on.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6429/1115072342eo8.jpg
Internet:
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2/1115072344oi1.jpg

Few scratches from when trying to pry off the keyboard to get to the motherboard.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2876/1115072345mv4.jpg

For condition, I've always used a leather case to take it places. I would rate it an A+ for having it over 3 years. It has MINOR scratches on the top, heres a pic.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3228/1115072351cw1.jpg

For Shipping. I live in florida, 32771
i jumped on fedex and did a quote of 35$ 2-day, with them boxing it. If you know a great/cheap way to send things let me know, I never ship things.

Oh, there's a guy here in town that's considering for 200, i should know tomorrow. just sent him the info.

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump.. for game players, I've played WoW (pre-exp) on this comp, running mc/bwl back in the day. feel free to ask any questions

·
Halfway off da hinge
2,277 Posts
ok, I thought you were saying that the DC power cord's end that plugs into the computer gets messed up. This is def. a great deal on this. Did the local guy pick this up from you.

What is FedEx price to ship this ground?

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, he never messaged me back. Still for sale

i did another quick quote on fedex
End of day (3 Business Days) FedEx Home Delivery® 10.80
that's from florida to central Us. What's your zip and i'll get an exact quote.

·
Halfway off da hinge
2,277 Posts
No, he never messaged me back. Still for sale

i did another quick quote on fedex
End of day (3 Business Days) FedEx Home Delivery® 10.80
that's from florida to central Us. What's your zip and i'll get an exact quote.
27844, its hollister, NC

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
End of day (2 Business Days) FedEx Home Delivery® 10.54

I'll pm you my number. no plans today so you can give me a call.

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are quite a few things i'm looking for right now. Ill pm you my msn in a few to see what you have. let me know what you can trade off that car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.