Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
30.00 obo, there in the box with all the papers and everything. says fits 00-02 but im sure it will fit the rest. they are going for 70 on ebay if you want to compair prices.

·
Registered
267 Posts
These are really nice, but to answer RadEclipse's question. My friend has them on his GTO but what suck is that if somone has the same car as you and likes these, they can easily come over to your car and pull them off for their personal use..but they do look realllly nice.

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
These are really nice, but to answer RadEclipse's question. My friend has them on his GTO but what suck is that if somone has the same car as you and likes these, they can easily come over to your car and pull them off for their personal use..but they do look realllly nice.
you didnt answer my question at all...:ugh2:

how do they attach to the headlight...?

and good thing not many people around here have my car then, hah.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
velcro. they also go under the hood (im not sure if you can pull them off or not, have to pop the hood to put them on)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they cup over the lights also. there sno velcro on it at the moment and they stay on the car. it goes under the hood , ill take pics for you on my car.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres some pics, the velcro goes on the side of the light under the hood, then the covers clip under the light. scratches are my headlight not the covers.

·
I now has Mitsu AWD.
701 Posts
just an FYI, I believe it depends on the state, but in some states it may be illegal to operate your car at night with these on. It's just like having tinted headlights. check with your local laws first.

otherwise, BUMP for some nice covers

·
Pandora
864 Posts
btw i have these but in the carbonfiber paint which looks very very nice....anyways i just wanted to say that they stay on really well. i actually just have them on my headlights and my hood keeps them on. I havent used trim tape or velcro. After some agressive driving and really bad windy weather they havent come off. they did move around a little but they never moved enough that i worried that they were coming off. So my point is if you use velcro or something to keep the edge not being held down by the hood or even the hood side they will be perfect. As for theft that was a concern with me as well even with the suprising number of people buying eclipses now in the area) The hood keeps them down pretty decent. If you use a strong velcro on the hood side im more than sure they wont get ripped off. the hood keeps it pretty snug. (I have a locking car cover for extra protection for the overnight....plus i have a camera lol. (besides the point))

They are defenety not street legal! Depending on the tinting on those covers it drastically diminishes the light output. My headlights are scratched and faded and have old lamps. When you add the covers i can barely see half of what i could. maybe less.(Thus forth i use my new driving lights as well to makeup the difference) Cops havent hassled me at all and trust me they always hassle me immediatly if there is a problem. I live right by the police department as well.

I do defenetly love these though. It adds a lot to the car and adds to the life of your headlights. (they should be uv treated to prevent fading and cracking)

hope this helps

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
btw i have these but in the carbonfiber paint which looks very very nice....anyways i just wanted to say that they stay on really well. i actually just have them on my headlights and my hood keeps them on. I havent used trim tape or velcro. After some agressive driving and really bad windy weather they havent come off. they did move around a little but they never moved enough that i worried that they were coming off. So my point is if you use velcro or something to keep the edge not being held down by the hood or even the hood side they will be perfect. As for theft that was a concern with me as well even with the suprising number of people buying eclipses now in the area) The hood keeps them down pretty decent. If you use a strong velcro on the hood side im more than sure they wont get ripped off. the hood keeps it pretty snug. (I have a locking car cover for extra protection for the overnight....plus i have a camera lol. (besides the point))

Thanks ,e-rep for you.

They are defenety not street legal! Depending on the tinting on those covers it drastically diminishes the light output. My headlights are scratched and faded and have old lamps. When you add the covers i can barely see half of what i could. maybe less.(Thus forth i use my new driving lights as well to makeup the difference) Cops havent hassled me at all and trust me they always hassle me immediatly if there is a problem. I live right by the police department as well.

I do defenetly love these though. It adds a lot to the car and adds to the life of your headlights. (they should be uv treated to prevent fading and cracking)

hope this helps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts