Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some of my previous designs...
http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg294/SMCustomz/SM Customz/

Most of the sketches are pretty simple because I design them based on dimensions given by the customer, but I can design some pretty wicked stuff if it is what you are interested in.

I know you are thinking, "Why would I spend the extra money for a custom box when I can go to Wal-Mart and get a ported box for $50?"
Well, I don't keep a stock of enclosures unlike chain stores, because my boxes are built and TUNED to get the optimal performance from your specific sub. Prefabricated enclosures are built in mass production, so of course they won't be specific to whatever sub you have. Most prefab enclosure are tuned extremely high, around 40-50Hz. But, the range people prefer and manufacturers recommend is normally around 30-35Hz. This slight change makes the difference between your sub hitting the low notes or missing the low notes. Speaking from experience, it's very much so worth it.

If any of you are interested, then just post in here with a few details of what you are wanting and what subwoofer you plan on running in the enclosure. I will get you a price quote and we will go from there.

Thanks

·
Pandora
864 Posts
where does that box fit? how big is it? can you make one that fits in the spare tire part or behind the passenger rear seats?

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That one is going to go in the trunk of my Eclipse. It's going to be a week or so before I get everything installed, but I can probably get a picture of it sitting in the trunk if you are interested.
EDIT: The design is a little misleading. The box is only 14.5 inches tall.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump.
I will be building a 2CuFt sealed enclosure for a local guy, so I will post some pics from that build as well.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you build amp racks? pricing?
I have never built one, but I am sure it isn't any harder than an enclosure. Pricing depends on what you are looking for. Give me some sort of details and dimensions and I can give you a rough price.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you just do wood boxes or could you do clear plexiglass as well?
An entire box of clear plexiglass? I am not gonna even attempt that if that is what you are asking. I don't know how to go about sealing it without making a mess that will been seen through the plexi.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
hhhmmm.. i may be interested in a 10" box for a type x alpine subwoofer. pm me a price.

·
Pandora
864 Posts
An entire box of clear plexiglass? I am not gonna even attempt that if that is what you are asking. I don't know how to go about sealing it without making a mess that will been seen through the plexi.
i dont see why you couldnt seal it. The only problem i see is that it will take A LOT of time and patience. Its possible but more for Artisan skill level. not to mention expensive. I would suggest not doing it full clear plexi. You wont see through or want to see through lets say the bottom or a side thats facing a trunk wall.

BTW Offer some lighting options built internally. Very easy and looks great. Let me know if you need help with design ideas or concept sketches. Im very artistic and also a good engineer. I dont mean to crash your thread just giving ideas.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everyone add the myspace...
myspace.com/smcustomz

We need some more work. The first box went smooth.

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
If you can build a enclosure for the Spare Tire well ill buy it. Ive been looking for one for a While now.
And I would be very interested in corner boxes for a Spyder should you get into that "scene".

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you can build a enclosure for the Spare Tire well ill buy it. Ive been looking for one for a While now.
Do you mean something that fits the curves and all of the wheel well or just a box that goes inside the wheel well with a top on it that fits the curves of the sides of the trunk?
Example...

Not exactly like that, but you get the point. That would be fairly simple if I could get the first pattern done. A couple of people have asked about it.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My temporary install. (The box will be carpeted and the sub will be straight when all is said and done.)

The sealed box completed and ready to be taken to the customer...

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Since nobody is interested at the moment, we are gonna build this box and put it on eBay. If any of you guys are interested in it, just PM me. It should be done in 3-4days. It is a GREAT box for any 12" sub.

·
Let it wang
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got done with another local build...

All of the cuts for the box were amazing since we just got a new blade for the table saw. In the picture is hasnt been sanded at the joints yet and the stuff you see is wood filler. The final product will be much smoother.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts