Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys, stop using a pry bar to pre-tension your timing belt and use the tool the factory recommends! This tool is way more precise and way easier to use than a pry bar jammed against whatever you can find, especially when your other hand is jammed up in between the engine and the body trying to simultaneously tighten the lock bolt.

This tool allows you to use a simple 1/4" drive socket wrench or breaker bar to apply tension to the pre-tensioning pulley while you easily tighten the lock bolt down. You could probably even use a torque wrench to tighten that thing down! Ooooooooo....

Seriously though, this little tool makes that part of an already shitty job easier to complete properly. I highly recommend. Tool goes for about $25 shipped on amazon. I'm willing to ship it to someone for $15 OTD. Obviously I'm not making money off this thing since I'm including shipping. I don't have a mitsubishi anymore so it's just taking up space in my tool box. I'll just be happy that at this tool is making at least one person's day a little easier.

I used it on my GT several times, but also works on some dodge models and other mitsubishi models. I used it on my 2004 Lancer Ralliart that had a completely different engine from the eclipse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.