Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
One Sic Mic
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 360 Christmas Eve 05'. That fucker lasted a week. I got powned by the red ring of death. Then Feb 07', powned again by the red ring of death. Now, Dec 07' the audio/video output has ceased.

So I call up tech support tonight and guess what? They have no record of my previous two repairs! Of course I didn't save my previous two case numbers once the repairs were complete, so now I've been powned by Paul from Tech Support. In my anger, I yelled and told him that I find it hard to believe that a Billion dollar corporation that revolutionized the PC can't find a way to keep track of my previous repairs. I told him that they shouldn't have switched to Vista so quick. :lol:

Needless to say, I'm getting a free repair this time, but I had to agree to allow them to only show this repair in the system. Seems a bit fishy to me. :dunno: I guess I'll be smarter this time and hang on to those case numbers a bit longer this time.

·
I can haz footballz?
8,009 Posts
So I bought a 360 Christmas Eve 05'. That fucker lasted a week. I got powned by the red ring of death. Then Feb 07', powned again by the red ring of death. Now, Dec 07' the audio/video output has ceased.

So I call up tech support tonight and guess what? They have no record of my previous two repairs! Of course I didn't save my previous two case numbers once the repairs were complete, so now I've been powned by Paul from Tech Support. In my anger, I yelled and told him that I find it hard to believe that a Billion dollar corporation that revolutionized the PC can't find a way to keep track of my previous repairs. I told him that they shouldn't have switched to Vista so quick. :lol:

Needless to say, I'm getting a free repair this time, but I had to agree to allow them to only show this repair in the system. Seems a bit fishy to me. :dunno: I guess I'll be smarter this time and hang on to those case numbers a bit longer this time.
I feel ya man. Ive been getting the run-around on my PS3 for the past month. Every time i call, its a different person pissing me off. :lol: For instance i was supposed to get an email after i called the first time which told me what items to put in the box with my PS3, and did they send it to me? NO

So, i called back and asked the guy to resend it to me, and he told me that they had already sent it. I proceeded to tell him they hadnt, and i asked him if he could please resend it, and he told me that they would not resend it. Instead, he read it to me aloud. :lol: Well he didnt read the service request number to me, so when the box came and i had to write in the service request number, i realized i had to call them back again!

Its just a pain in the ass.

·
One Sic Mic
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the Elite, so far no problems, (knock on wood).
I'm seriously contemplating buying one. Other than the larger HD and the HDMI output, I think this one I have is a fucking lemon :ugh2:

·
more guinness
734 Posts
(NOGAF) I got mine when it first came out and never had any problems, considering how many hours i've put on it which has to be over a thousand. I take it apart every couple months and blow some compressed air through it. keep it cool and clean and it will last long time.

·
Ur a worthless noob
12,194 Posts
Ive had my 360 for a LONG time now with no problems yet. *knock on wood* but I do keep it very ventilated and its only been used for like 10 hours total :rofl:

·
Unemployable
3,617 Posts
That's why I stayed away from the 360 even though it has the superior software right now. I'm under the impression it's a design flaw.. so odds are that it can happen to you no matter how careful or not you are with the system?

I thought I read that they were supposed to refund any previous repair costs that you paid on it when they overhauled the warranty agreement? Maybe that's why there's "no record."

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
more than half of my friends that has gotten a 360 has had to send it in to get repaired...including me. The only good thing is that it was free to repair and I haven't had any problems since.

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
I haven't had to send mine back yet, but mine freezes pretty frequently. In fact a couple nights ago I had just finished COD3 on the hardest difficulty setting and while it's rolling through the credits it freezes. Needless to say it did not save my progress through the last mission. I was pissed. Anyway, it freezes a lot.

I also get a lot of "Dirty disc" errors, some of my games are nearly brand new, and the ones that aren't are essentially in mint condition. I have not been impressed with the quality of the 360. The games on the other hand I have been very satisfied with, and as a result would take a 360 over a PS3 (which has its fair share of problems) any day

·
Damn I look good
941 Posts
I havent had a problem with my 360 yet and I got it at release. Now my PS3 is a different story. I just got another PS3 in like July and now when I turn it on it says the hard disk system is corrupted and needs to be restored but it never does. I called Sony and the guys didnt even know that was a possible error or somethin soo he just tells me to take the hdd half way out and put it back in... Needless to say didnt do crap. Now they want me to pay to have them replace it. I cant remember what store the damn thing came from. Yet theres a million stickers and barcodes on the box. And they say they can prove I'm within the 1yr warranty period. BS

·
We are...Penn State
2,503 Posts
just froze on me again in the middle of a game of NCAA '08 football. I had played a game previous to that one and lost that too, so I now lost two games of football, the equivalent of about an hour and 15 minutes of my life. Microsoft should be embarrassed to put such a poor product on the market at such a price. If it weren't for game developers creating such great games for the 360 I think the 360 would be a thing of the past already. It's literally a piece of junk

·
Premium Member
13,055 Posts
I haven't had to send mine back yet, but mine freezes pretty frequently. In fact a couple nights ago I had just finished COD3 on the hardest difficulty setting and while it's rolling through the credits it freezes. Needless to say it did not save my progress through the last mission. I was pissed. Anyway, it freezes a lot.

I also get a lot of "Dirty disc" errors, some of my games are nearly brand new, and the ones that aren't are essentially in mint condition. I have not been impressed with the quality of the 360. The games on the other hand I have been very satisfied with, and as a result would take a 360 over a PS3 (which has its fair share of problems) any day
Sounds like the CD drive laser is misaligned. Try to see if MS will fix that under warranty, if you are still covered. Shouldn't cost you anything other than time without the console.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts