Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the situation: I installed the indiglo gauges on my car. The temperature needle does not need to be repositioned if moved... The mph and rpm needles were adjusted to be back where they are supposed to be. The problem is the gas needle. It does not reposition itself and i want to make sure its accurate. I put it back where i thought it was... This is the question: What sets off the low fuel light? is it the position of the needle or a sensor unrelated to the needle position? THANKS

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The position of the needle itself wouldn't have anything to do with the low fuel light...you could take it off and reinstall it 45 degrees off (or leave it off completely) and it wouldn't matter with regards to the light...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Ok then heres the question where is the needle at, when the low fuel light 1st comes on, then dims, then comes on again and so on...mine used to be directly on the E or like a littlle b4 E...i 2 messed up my needle but havent had the ambition to fix it.lol

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would just say fill up your gas tank so that the needle goes all the way up on its own and then it will move down correctly as you consume gas.

Thats what I did when I didnt wire my gauges securely and both my gas and temp needles shot straight up when I turned on the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts