Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent the last 2 days looking around the forced induction forums, gt/gts specific forums, rs/gs specific forums,etc. and haven't found a solid answer to my fuel injector questions.

It seems that most of the injector modding/swaps are performed by the 4 cyl guys going with forced induction. I've found a lot of useful information there but my concerns lie with interchanging. Are all 3g injectors interchangable (gt,gts,gs,rs)?

With the help of more experienced members, I would like to build a complete list of injectors that will fit the 3g GT and GTS.

I see that RPW sells Mitsu fuel injectors. Are these factory injectors with Mitsu part numbers that could possibly be available in the states?

I know this may seem like a pain but it would greatly help out those who haven't had the chance to trial and error a multitude of injectors.

An example would be as follows:

400cc, Manufacturer, part number, high or low impedance, elecrical connector requires modification?, originally for 2000 to 2005 toyota model xxxxx 2.6 liter, etc.

I would like to start out the list with the known stock injectors for rs/gs, gt,gts, cali vs fed spec, etc. I know I'm probably in for a fair share of flaming but I'll gladly take it with a smile to get a complete list to help everyone.

Brett

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
As long as the injectors are top feed, most will fit (perhaps with the use of spacers)

I've personally ran RC-550cc high impedence, which required a connector change.

Also I'm now running FIC-850cc that use the connector from the first change of injectors, but I also had to add a resistor pack since they are low impedence.

So, any EVO injectors will fit, along with any 1g/2g eclipse injectors will fit, utilizing the injector clip change and resistor pack.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
The DSM injectors litter my local craigslist and the prices compete with a 24 pack of Diet coke. I'd love to pick some up and I know I'd get the injector clips, but what resistors do you use???

I know the same goes for the 3000GT vr4 injectors. Clip change with resistors, which resistors I don't know...

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
10 ohm 10 watt. It's easy, low impedance are 3 to 4 ohms, high impedance ~ 14 or so. What's the difference? heh

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok...imma put this out there to see if anyone has an answer.
2002 gt cali injectors are cdh210 264cc/min 25lb/hr 3bar 15.6ohm Denso

the diamante 3.5 litre injectors are cdh275 318cc/min 30lb/hr 3bar
15.1ohm Denso

these look identical as well....so wont the 275's drop right in my gt?:dunno:

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
^^ Yes. You need it tuned though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks...oh,,...i plan on dropin in a 3.5 intake tb and rails with 275 injectors...long tube rpw headers all in one weekend...then top dead center said they can tune ,flash and dyno....wonder howmuch hp ill get?..mmm

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
If you're expecting huge gains you won't get what you're expecting. Really putting in bigger injectors in the same size engine without adding anything isn't going to do anything. Your fuel trims will be basically the same. The stock GT injectors can handle it.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Stock GT injectors can handle it... but why not use the 275's if he already has them and will be reflashing? The 3.5 with a good tune picks up some decent hp over the 72, mostly torque though, which will make the biggest difference.

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
He's putting in a 3.5 intake and TB not the whole engine. The little difference he will see in those doesn't justify putting in bigger injectors.

·
Waiting to spool
3,237 Posts
I think you'll want to go bigger if you're putting the SDS on. You'll easily max those out.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Look....thanks for the posts guys but were getting off track. I'm not trying to figure out what sizes we should use, but which ones will fit.

What about the original questions in the first post? Are all 3g injectors interchangable between gt/gts and gs/rs? Isn't there something about Subaru WRX injectors? Can we get a list going here?

Again, please read the first post, Please.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
DSM injectors and 3000gt injectors all fit when you switch the clips and use resistors. Both are way cheaper then getting 3g injectors...

You can find DSM injectors for any size.. the stock ones aren't worth dropping in.
However, the VR4 (vr4 and stealth tt only) injectors are 365's and work great for super high end NA builds and running 8psi boost.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
10 ohm 10 watt. It's easy, low impedance are 3 to 4 ohms, high impedance ~ 14 or so. What's the difference? heh
Clip change with resistors, which resistors I don't know...
Yea, he is right. Basically there are high and low impedence. If you swap in low impedence put in resistors, which will be the same wherever. I am using a Honda resistor box, goes for like $20-25 on ebay with wiring clip for easy removal (not sure why you would remove it though, lol)

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
DSM injectors and 3000gt injectors all fit when you switch the clips and use resistors. Both are way cheaper then getting 3g injectors...

You can find DSM injectors for any size.. the stock ones aren't worth dropping in.
However, the VR4 (vr4 and stealth tt only) injectors are 365's and work great for super high end NA builds and running 8psi boost.
Do you know what years VR4?
What are DSM injectors? I know that DSM means diamond star motors, but are you saying that they all physically the same? I'm not getting it.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Phsycially, all VR4 and DSM injectors (the ones that came stock, and the aftermarket ones) will at least fit. I'm 100% certain the 3000gt ones do because I've seen them run in our manifolds before. As stated, you need to convert your harness to the corresponding injector clips and run resistors. Not so hard if you can sodder, and VERY cost effecient. Set of 600cc injectors goes for 400$ NEW on 3sx... as opposed to 550cc 600$ for the 3g.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a 350cc to 400cc injectors for this build. I would prefer to put in high impedance and not have to deal with the resistors, so paying 200 extra isn't great but it's worth it.

Per your advice, I looked into those VR4 injectors you recommended. They look very nice and have two exit holes for the fuel. One pointing to each intake valve. I thought that is pretty cool. If I can't find any high impedance 350cc to 400cc, I'm definately going to run those.

Have any idea about high impedance injectors in those CC areas?

Were the 365cc injectors fromt the VR4 the same all the way up to the last year of production (1999)?

Does anyone have a list of high impedance injectors?

What if a resistor fails. You then smoke your ECU. I would really like to find some high impedance.

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
I know shitloads of people who run resistors and have never burned an ECU... but I get what you're saying. I'm pretty sure the vr4 size is 365cc all years because the only real changes to the engine were the restrictor lines. I'll be running VR4 injectors w/ resistors on my build because they're so much cheaper and, like you said, a better spray pattern; especially for ported heads.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Silvertune, thanks for all the good insight thus far. What if any are your opinions of the AEM peak and hold driver box. From what I read this box is triggered from our factory ECU and but operates like a true peak and hold injector driver?
AEM - Peak & Hold Injector Driver Module

From doing some research on other forums. I've noticed one thing about installing resistors. The peak and hold fuel injection system operates differently than the saturated type. Peak and hold is a bit more complicated. It appears that installing the resistors to the low impedance type injectors and using them on a saturated type system works, but you don't gain all the benefits of the peak and hold system. Do you have an opinion on this?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts