Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im boosted im looking around for new injectors but im not sure its all that necessary. i have 312cc injectors on a 12-1 fmu is this setup fine for 8psi of boost or should i go bigger??

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
what kinda % are your injectors at? and if your running 8psi already then why change it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Think about what you're doing. 43psi base fuel pressure plus 12psi for each psi of boost is 139 psi in your fuel system. Are you ok with that?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well im not tuned but the fmu had a bleeder valve im waiting on the wideband afr to come.
i was just worried about detinating my motor from lack of fuel.
the 312cc injectors work fine but are they safe for 8psi

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Oh boy your just not getting it:facepalm:

Ill be sorta nice right now and say this, you need to get rid of the fmu and those 312cc and get atleast wrx 440cc injectors and a TUNE!!! Your GOING to Blow up your car if you dont. Oh and sense most people dont listen when they hear that how about this, your losing 40-50WHP by not getting it tuned maybe more.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can get DSM injectors for $50. 450cc. Good for ~250hp. Your stock ECU is flashable to compensate for these injectors. You've got some reading to do :D

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
Injector box? He'd need one to run DSM injectors yes, hence 2000 saying he's got some wiring to do. Though he probably means a few other things too, knowing him... ;)

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Im currently running a 255 walbro and 550cc injectors @ 8 psi, have not had any problems, and it runs just fine;)
But you have a tune, hes not talking about getting a tune. Hes using the fmu to increase fuel pressure instead and just running a stock 3g rom that cant read or 100% load.:eek:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im asking a simple question and all im getting is b.s answer
my setup is a week old im just trying to get some input on my setup!!!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
You're not getting a BS answer. No offense, but what you're asking about is a BS setup.

What we're trying to say here is ditch the FMU, and do it the right way if you want your car to run good and keep running. FMUs were good to use back when we had no way to compensate for adding larger injectors. Nowadays, all you are is an ECU "flash" away from running whatever size injectors suit your needs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok i got that im on a budget the tune is coming soon like next month
im pretty much asking is this setup safe for right now!!!

·
My Snail's Bigger =P
5,338 Posts
But you have a tune, hes not talking about getting a tune. Hes using the fmu to increase fuel pressure instead and just running a stock 3g rom that cant read or 100% load.:eek:
:lol: I missed that part that hes not getting a tune

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.