Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Tired and Pissed
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you might know, I have been trying to get my car tuned using greddy e-manage and ecuflash for my sporty GS and have run into issues off the wall other than tuning. I'm not going to get into that...

I have purchased everything new for this entire project, excluding my wrx injectors which I purchased used on ebay. I have a Walbro 255 and Aeromotive FPR set at 30psi. The problem I am having is that when I start the car, I can see fuel coming out of my exhaust manifold from (what it looks like) cylinder 2 and 3.(when I first saw that,yes, I bought a new manifold gasket and it is installed and still does it) Now the #1 coil packs control both 1+2 cylinders and the #2 coil controls 3+4. So if its doing it on only 1 cylinder of each coil, is it possible that I have two stuck magnets in the injectors? I had them flow tested at a booth before installed and they were good. but I think that is the only reason my car is not accepting any of my values I put in for the injector scaling on ecuflash. any opinions?

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I thought I had a similar problem, but turned out that it was oil, and my bottom end was screwed.

Just a question, do you have that FPR set at 30psi with or without the vacuum attached? It makes a difference.

The hardware shouldn't have anything to do with you being able/or not being able to input values in ECUflash.

·
Turbo Buick > you
1,336 Posts
So as some of you might know, I have been trying to get my car tuned using greddy e-manage and ecuflash for my sporty GS and have run into issues off the wall other than tuning. I'm not going to get into that...

I have purchased everything new for this entire project, excluding my wrx injectors which I purchased used on ebay. I have a Walbro 255 and Aeromotive FPR set at 30psi. The problem I am having is that when I start the car, I can see fuel coming out of my exhaust manifold from (what it looks like) cylinder 2 and 3.(when I first saw that,yes, I bought a new manifold gasket and it is installed and still does it) Now the #1 coil packs control both 1+2 cylinders and the #2 coil controls 3+4. So if its doing it on only 1 cylinder of each coil, is it possible that I have two stuck magnets in the injectors? I had them flow tested at a booth before installed and they were good. but I think that is the only reason my car is not accepting any of my values I put in for the injector scaling on ecuflash. any opinions?
Fuel coming out of the exhaust manifold? :scratch:

Does your car run? I would think the car would be so rich at that point that it would run like complete crap (if at all).

As a test, you could lower your fuel pressure at idle and see if this continues to happen. Dont drive your car like this, but just do it as a test.

Are you sure its fuel?

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
Oh shit, I just realized its coming out of the manifold.... not like the problem I had before it went boom.

Anyway, if I were you I'd do a compression test. If your exhaust valves are open when they should be shut, then the incoming fuel during the "intake stroke" could be letting the fuel/air get out of the exhaust side of things. Its a possability.

·
Tired and Pissed
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steadly, yeah its spraying out my exhaust manifold lol. The car sadly still runs when its doing that, like shit I may add, also of course I have my vacuum line to it hooked up. I have tried lowering the fuel pressure and it just stalls out....

·
Tired and Pissed
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
oh my motor might just be f*cked. New injectors are on the way to the performance shop where we are getting it running and tuned but if that doesnt solve it, I guess a new performance rebuild is in store. Moneys really not that much of a problem.

135,000 miles, the cars begging me for a new build and EMS!
I have driven the hell out of this car since I had it at 9 miles.

Steadly, ecuflash is working fine and I am able to flash the new injector latencies and scaling to the car, it just doesnt make a difference. I have had FlashBlue try and help me out and he really didn't know why it wasn't working. Everything he told me to do should have got my car to idle right.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
you should check out my thread, I have my list/price spent going, so far I am up to like $1900 with machine work. We'll see how it goes with me doing the labor, and buying the tools required to complete the build like an engine stand which I picked up today for $40 from AdvancedAuto.

And for me it happened to be oil coming out, which I had never had a car run rich before, and I assumed it was fuel. My motor is definately F#*@ed. Oh, and I believe your fuel pressure is higher than stock. Without the vacuum line hooked up I think it should be around 38, and with a 1 to 1 ratio FPR, mine drops to like 20-22 at idle. Then picks up from there as the manifold pressure rises.

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
I check on your thread everyday.:boink:

ooooo well then I will have to lower my fp as well. I'm going to the shop on Monday. Yeah, 2000 is actually a really big steal for getting your motor built. I came to about the same price as you. check out this website another user on here found for a perf. rebuild
Import Performance Parts - Mitsubishi Performance Engine Kits
:wiggle:

I have never heard of TOGA before. Have you?

And I forgot I still need to buy freeze plugs.
:hug3:

·
Kuztom Uzer Tytel
745 Posts
:wiggle:

I have never heard of TOGA before. Have you?

And I forgot I still need to buy freeze plugs.
:hug3:
I've heard of TODA, but not TOGA... that's weird.

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
I have a question for the gauge fuel pressure regulator, does anyone know the setting for the gauge? I'm attempting to set the gauge on the stock RS motor and don't know what the setting is. Is it 30 or 20-22psi?

·
Boosted
3,815 Posts
38psi without the vacuum attached is what I have been told is stock, and is what I am running

I'll try looking it up Here: http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-ecli...2-online-3g-service-manual-now-gt-s-info.html

*note* this is only a piece of a whole procedure... if you're going to do it, you should follow ALL the steps in the manual

(6) Stop the fuel pump.
(7) Start the engine and run at idle.
(8) Measure fuel pressure while the engine is running at idle.
Standard value: Approximately 270 kPa (38 psi) at
curb idle
(9) Disconnect the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure
regulator and measure fuel pressure with the hose end
closed with your finger.
Standard value: 330 − 350 kPa (47 − 50 psi) at curb
idle
(10)Check to see that fuel pressure at idle does not drop even
after the engine has been revved several times.
(11)Revving the engine repeatedly, hold the fuel return hose
lightly with your fingers to feel that fuel pressure is present
in the return hose.
NOTE: If the fuel flow rate is low, there will be no fuel pres-
sure in the return hose.
(12)If any of fuel pressure measured in steps 10 to 13 is out of
specification, troubleshoot and repair according to the table
below.

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
thank you so, I was asking around to make sure I wasn't second guessing myself.

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
yea, when my mechanic was adjusting it, I AIMed a friend a yesterday, my friend said it would be 47-50psi at stock idle, and while we were reving the engine, we realized that the it is going to loose pressure regardless of the FPR. My AIM friend dynoes his 3g at an boosted 5psi and ended up with the same fuel psi. So, inconclusion, the fuel pressure regulator setting for the stock motor is roughly 47-50psi even with an 255 Walbro fuel pump. (I wrote out the conclusion for search purposes)

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
ok I have another problem. The Fuel Regulator will not adjust to a lower setting. It's running 57-60 instead of 47-50psi, and I have no clue as to why it's this high. I'll post up pics when I get a chance.

·
Fullmetal
541 Posts
Coil pack1 drives cylinders 2 and 3
Coil pack 2 drives cyilnder 1 and 4
Just incase you wanted to know. :p

You sure you're not blowing coolant/water out the exhaust?
Personally, I don't understand what that has to do with my fuel pressure being so high, but if anyone knows help me out....

(Sorry it took me so long to respond, I got banned in OT about find an old thread because I was wondering if anyone was into Gaia Online)

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
Personally, I don't understand what that has to do with my fuel pressure being so high, but if anyone knows help me out....

(Sorry it took me so long to respond, I got banned in OT about find an old thread because I was wondering if anyone was into Gaia Online)
This isnt your thread, and my response wasnt directed at you, it was to the original post.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts