Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced my pump and assembly and now car won't start. I don't know where fuel pump relay is at. Plz help!
no

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
353 Posts
Buy a bike ? ...Sorry..just kidding bro...
I know this may be dumb but could the new pump you installed be no good.. New parts can be faulty .... If you can.. run a test wire from the positive post and see if it turns on...?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Go to the online Factory Service Manual at tearstone.com. Section 13A page 581 shows the location of the relay, how to test the relay itself, and how to check the circuit by powering the fuel pump directly from the battery.

Also, what is the problem with the car? Are you certain the fuel pump was the problem in the first place?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replaced the pump after the old one went out. Then the new one didn't work and it threw a fuel temp sensor code. Returned it. Got another. Thought I hear a whirring sound from it, but it wouldn't start. Tested the relays by swapping them with the horn relay, and all of them passed the honk test. No blown fuses. I'm stumped!
(P.s my 3rd baby is my mongoose xr200 trail bike 😂)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, check out the FSM like I said. It says the relay should be in the third socket of your instrument panel fuse panel. That socket is empty in your pic.

In any case, you can apply 12v power directly to the socket with a jumper wire, per the FSM procedure. If the pump and wiring is good, you'll hear the fuel pump clearly.

·
Premium Member
2001 Spyder GT
353 Posts
Are you positive that 12 volts are getting to the pump and that it has a good ground.. Your problem is very strange. Here is a video ( kind of funny in a way ) of a gentleman testing his fuel pump on the bench.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try all of your suggestions later, and update you all. Have to go to work.😥

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will try all of your suggestions later, and update you all. Have to go to work.😥
Put another rely in the third open spot on the inside of the vehicle fuse box and make sure to fill the tank halfway with gasoline to primp the fuel pump and it takes a few secounds to complete You should be able to hear the fuel pump come on if the rear seat is off. The gasoline in the fuel tank also keeps the fuel pump cool. Have you checked for comper codes or reset the ECM as you should do for the computer reset. Is the battery fully charged?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts