Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finally getting almost all my power back my GT now seems like it is flooded when starting, bellows white smoke or vapor from the exhaust, and is even spitting what I believe to be has out of the exhaust.
My code reader says that fuel system 1 is open. Can someone help me here? I’m going through withdrawals from not being able to drive this car. Lol
Thanks for the help, Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I didn’t even pay much attention to it. I’ll take it for a ride in the morning and take note of it. Will let you know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And now it is also sending P0120 and P0105. I don’t know what the hell is going on with this thing every day there is something different and the vehicle has not moved.

·
982 Posts
Looks like you have a short or a pinched wire somewhere. I'd check for that first then look specifically at the fuel injector circuit. Check all connections and look for breaks in all of the wires and wire insulation. Look in the factory service manual in the general 3g section and see if there are specs on what the resistance across the fuel injector terminals is supposed to be. Check all of your grounds to make sure they are connected properly and the ends are clean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like you have a short or a pinched wire somewhere. I'd check for that first then look specifically at the fuel injector circuit. Check all connections and look for breaks in all of the wires and wire insulation. Look in the factory service manual in the general 3g section and see if there are specs on what the resistance across the fuel injector terminals is supposed to be. Check all of your grounds to make sure they are connected properly and the ends are clean.
I did find some bad insulation on one of the injector connections and also for the sensor on top of the intake manifold. I just got home from about an hour drive I have the fuel trim bank 1 code again P0170 I took some pics of the code reader I’ll go ahead and share them to see if anyone sees can figure out what is wrong by looking at the data. I really have no idea what I’m looking at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did find some bad insulation on one of the injector connections and also for the sensor on top of the intake manifold. I just got home from about an hour drive I have the fuel trim bank 1 code again P0170 I took some pics of the code reader I’ll go ahead and share them to see if anyone sees can figure out what is wrong by looking at the data. I really have no idea what I’m looking at.
save your self when my injectors insulation started to shrink before i knew it it shorted out my ecm i got lucky and got a replament for under 200 but it was a lot of work i could have avoided if i wasnt so stupid it took me three months to hunt down my ecm but i got a plug and play setup in the end hopes this helps you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts