Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has had issues with rough idle and acceleration hesitation in the past. the only codes I was throwing before was P0300 & P0400 So I replaced the: TPS, entire Distributor, spark plugs and wires, crank position sensor, IAC, EGR and manifold (there was a crack in the side)

No more random misfire. The car runs near perfect now except I’m still getting a check engine light!

The codes its throwing now:

PO340

PO335

P0170

P0173

Also, my engine is making a loud ticking sound right after i installed the new distributor. :scratch:

Any ideas what this could be or where to start? Trying to pass smog in june.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The first two codes are for the camshaft position sensor A circuit. Have the same codes myself along with rough idle, almost like it got a slug of water or a misfire. Would anyone happen to know where the sensors are and any trick to them if there is any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
My car has had issues with rough idle and acceleration hesitation in the past. the only codes I was throwing before was P0300 & P0400 So I replaced the: TPS, entire Distributor, spark plugs and wires, crank position sensor, IAC, EGR and manifold (there was a crack in the side)

No more random misfire. The car runs near perfect now except I’m still getting a check engine light!

The codes its throwing now:

PO340

PO335

P0170

P0173

Also, my engine is making a loud ticking sound right after i installed the new distributor. :scratch:

Any ideas what this could be or where to start? Trying to pass smog in june.

I'm getting the same two codes, what I've found around is to check ground wires and the reluctor in the distributor but since you changed yours I don't think your answer would be there. Check any ground wires on the motor and make sure it's got a good connection and all the connectors are working and plugged in. As for the ticking, where is it coming from? It could be a lifter tick or something loose rattling on the engine. Try putting some Marvel Mystery Oil in your next oil change and that should remedy the problem if you have a stuck or plugged lifter. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
12,548 Posts
You throw the cam and crank sensor codes together when the cam and crank sensor signal profiles do not align correctly. This happens when the timing is off or the wrong cam position reluctor is in place which is common with aftermarket distributors as 2 different wheels were used and the companies in the aftermarket don't seem to know that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You throw the cam and crank sensor codes together when the cam and crank sensor signal profiles do not align correctly. This happens when the timing is off or the wrong cam position reluctor is in place which is common with aftermarket distributors as 2 different wheels were used and the companies in the aftermarket don't seem to know that.

Got it. My timing was off by a tooth or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts