Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i crossed a wire when i was changing headunits and now the radio, clock pod, headlights dont come on when key isn't on. the inside lights dont work and the power locks dont work. But when i start the car the headlights and locks work i checked the fuses under the hood and side panel and their all fine any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
218 Posts
This sounds like a problem i had. Check the fuse under the hood. It'll be one of the 2 in a little yellow rectangle. I had the same problem and it turned out to be one of those two.

·
iLurk
176 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I was installing my head unit. It's gonna be one of the two fuses in the yellow box below. I just wedged out the fuses with a flat head screw driver btw...

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I have the same problem but i changed the blown fuse and the damn thing still won't work... any suggestions?
recheck your wiring before rplacing the blown fuse. could be you replaced the fuse and as soon as you popped it in place it blew out again. check ALL fuse for continuity using a DMM.

You all seem to be forgetting Step #1 of electronics installs, which is DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE DOING ANY ELECTRICAL WORK. Its more for the safety of the components, stereo, wiring, etc than for personal safety.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts