Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought u guys might wanna know. you can use the orange and white "dimmer ground" wire to ground your head unit rather then tacking it to the body. I had it this way on my 99 galant for about 4 years and now on my 02 GT with the same alpine head unit. hope this helps some one

·
5-Spd's FTW
1,595 Posts
just thought u guys might wanna know. you can use the orange and white "dimmer ground" wire to ground your head unit rather then tacking it to the body. I had it this way on my 99 galant for about 4 years and now on my 02 GT with the same alpine head unit. hope this helps some one
yeah, i did this with mine. gets rid of 'engine noise' if youve got a subwoofer.

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
i attached mine to the screw in the dash kit, i never thought of that
Same here.

I not recommend using that wire to ground the HU. Somone may read this and try to use it on a different car and totally screw up the HU and/or the car. Grounding the HU to a screw is actually easier to do than to strip-solder-tape/heatshrink on to the illumination wire. Using wires for purposes other than what they were intended can lead to big problems, so just don't do it.

I'm going to close this because it can potentially lead to someone royally screwing up their car. Now if you have verified that this wire shows ground ALL the time, using a DDM, then PM me with that and I will reopen it. Please include pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.