Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
221 - 240 of 271 Posts

·
Willful Aspirer
'03 Eclipse Spyder GTS '11 Evo MR-T SSS
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
It's been a while Gabe. So how's your build coming along. Mine is still on a huge slow trot especially since its hard to find people I can trust to work together to hook up or whips with the proper resources.
X2

any updates? :eek3:
Well she's just sitting in the garage with the dash waiting to be installed, and the spoiler and bumper waiting to be painted and such. It's too freaking cold right now sadly. Last night I poured out some ice and water and today when I was walking out to the car I found it all in the same spot frozen solid after 24 hours lol.

But as for any major changes like the sound system and building the engine at all I think it's on hold until I am out of college, I just have to make it through 3 more semesters! Hard not to spend money on the Eclipse though. But I am buying things here and there and just waiting for it to get warm enough to do them.

Oh yeah, and the Subaru is become a financial pit, every month something else breaks. With 117k miles I understand why but it just needs to not break until I can recover during the summer lol.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well she's just sitting in the garage with the dash waiting to be installed, and the spoiler and bumper waiting to be painted and such. It's too freaking cold right now sadly. Last night I poured out some ice and water and today when I was walking out to the car I found it all in the same spot frozen solid after 24 hours lol.

But as for any major changes like the sound system and building the engine at all I think it's on hold until I am out of college, I just have to make it through 3 more semesters! Hard not to spend money on the Eclipse though. But I am buying things here and there and just waiting for it to get warm enough to do them.

Oh yeah, and the Subaru is become a financial pit, every month something else breaks. With 117k miles I understand why but it just needs to not break until I can recover during the summer lol.

Oh okay I know how you feel. I'm slowly buying everything too and researching Thanks to school and no garage lol

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
Oh okay I know how you feel. I'm slowly buying everything too and researching Thanks to school and no garage lol
Also have to catch up on some maintenance too. Being almost 13 years old now I need to replace some of the suspension and engine mounts.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
To my surprise I bought some things, Black Skyline tails and a 200A alternator. Other than the spyder strut bar and the BIG 4 wiring upgrade supplies this will probably be all I purchase this year. I can't wait until it at least stays above 40 degrees so I can go start tearing things apart in the garage. So much to do and paint, hopefully can fix the HVAC system while I am taking out the dash as well, replace the engine mounts, and all that jazz.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hey bud. hows it coming along. Myself you'll see i bought rear brembos today and boost44208 rear plates for the gs to gt swap. Guess ill have to sand them and found out if they are clear or if I need to get a wheel spacer.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Hey bud. hows it coming along. Myself you'll see i bought rear brembos today and boost44208 rear plates for the gs to gt swap. Guess ill have to sand them and found out if they are clear or if I need to get a wheel spacer.
Just what I posted lol, bought a couple gifts for myself, skyline tails and the 200A alt.

I think the rear brembos will clear stock wheels, but the fronts won't at all. Are you going to hydrodip them carbon or anything like that?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oops I messed up on boost name lol. No hydrodipping them even though that crossed my mind. I'm going to paint them white and used the brembo decal with the Cf look. I don't have stock wheels. I have 18's but it seems I won't need a spacer so we will see. I'm waiting on Greg with uscperformance to hit me up. I getting slightly impatient for a response so I can begin buying all the turbo stuff I need n the racing heads and find the evo rom definition for my car so umstuning can tune my car when it's time.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
And now My new skyline taillights are in:

Going to be selling my Rare Gen 1 TYC's probably, they'll be listed soon.

I have just finished a huge work contract, but am now getting another one so it looks like I might not be working on the car until the end of April, which sucks because I was hoping to have her mostly ready for April. But all is well, going to be buying all of the stuff I need for paint soon.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Took this weekend off for myself, having a lot of issues with work and basically can't do anything anyway. So I decided to finally start working on the Eclipse. First things first get the old dash out....

So much surface rust underneath. Makes we wonder if I should take it all apart, sand and coat just to keep it healthy for the future.

Trying to figure out what is up with my HVAC system still so hopefully I can pull all of that out and find something wrong that will fix my problem.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Shhhit

This is what I have to look forward to once it's get above 50* here?
I've already prepped the new dash but slacking big time since last year I built a new motor and trans for the regal.

I bet being able to have the top down helps a lot huh? It sure has helped me a lot doing the audio install, seat removal and fuel pump

Looks great so far man.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Yay! It's about time! Sold that to you about a year ago. Lol
:lol: about 6 months :p but yeah it is about time...

Shhhit

This is what I have to look forward to once it's get above 50* here?
I've already prepped the new dash but slacking big time since last year I built a new motor and trans for the regal.

I bet being able to have the top down helps a lot huh? It sure has helped me a lot doing the audio install, seat removal and fuel pump

Looks great so far man.

It just hit 60* here today, but today has to be a work/school day :( I hope it stays nice out. But yeah I love being able to have the top down and work, clean, everything really.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Skyline tails look nice :yesway:
Indeed they do, once I have her put together, washed and waxed probably by May I'll have pics up. Before that time though I am hoping to be able to wire up some sequential turns fro the rear much like the mustangs, but using the stuff they use for corvette's and camaro's.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Indeed they do, once I have her put together, washed and waxed probably by May I'll have pics up. Before that time though I am hoping to be able to wire up some sequential turns fro the rear much like the mustangs, but using the stuff they use for corvette's and camaro's.
Now that will be sweet.:agreed:

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Now that will be sweet.:agreed:
:3 glad you agree, maybe I'll make a write up for it.

Heater core, evap core, new seals and rings for A/C, cabin air filter(hopefully with insert) ordered. Idk I couldn't think of anything else while I was on rockauto :lol:

30 days until school is over so not sure how much time I'll actually be able to put into the Eclipse at that time...but I do really want to be ready in May at the latest.

·
Registered
819 Posts
:3 glad you agree, maybe I'll make a write up for it.

Heater core, evap core, new seals and rings for A/C, cabin air filter(hopefully with insert) ordered. Idk I couldn't think of anything else while I was on rockauto :lol:

30 days until school is over so not sure how much time I'll actually be able to put into the Eclipse at that time...but I do really want to be ready in May at the latest.
I dig it. I'm like that too when I'm on rockauto, Amazon & OEM Mitsubishi. :drool: Especially since it's time to order more Evo 8 parts for the conversion.

221 - 240 of 271 Posts