Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
Willful Aspirer
'03 Eclipse Spyder GTS '11 Evo MR-T SSS
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Damn dude. Even with the dash out , getting access to the cores looked like it would suck big time
Well my friend came over and found 3 bolts I just didn't notice and that weren't in the how-to lol to get the metal bar out. So other than me not noticing those the hardest part was getting behind the engine to undo the coolant hoses, and undoing the a/c expansion valves hoses.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well my friend came over and found 3 bolts I just didn't notice and that weren't in the how-to lol to get the metal bar out. So other than me not noticing those the hardest part was getting behind the engine to undo the coolant hoses, and undoing the a/c expansion valves hoses.
All that matters is that you get her done right. at least you guys figured it out. Sometimes just walking away and coming back with fresh eyes and a new set mind frame also helps you noticed things you overlook when you get back at it.

·
Premium Member
6,548 Posts
When I first read stuff like this I think to myself, "wtf it's pretty easy to get to"... Then I realize that the writer has the v6. The I4 really has tons of room under the hood, which makes working on it pretty darn easy. The hardest thing on the 4g64 is the EGR stuff, which is on the back/bottom of the intake manifold. It makes me feel the tiniest bit better about having the 4cyl and NA.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
All that matters is that you get her done right. at least you guys figured it out. Sometimes just walking away and coming back with fresh eyes and a new set mind frame also helps you noticed things you overlook when you get back at it.
:agreed:

When I first read stuff like this I think to myself, "wtf it's pretty easy to get to"... Then I realize that the writer has the v6. The I4 really has tons of room under the hood, which makes working on it pretty darn easy. The hardest thing on the 4g64 is the EGR stuff, which is on the back/bottom of the intake manifold. It makes me feel the tiniest bit better about having the 4cyl and NA.
Lol, yes. I do the same thing, talk to people about it and they talk about ease of access...then I have to ask if they have the i4. Everything is just slightly harder to get to

·
Registered
819 Posts
:agreed:

Lol, yes. I do the same thing, talk to people about it and they talk about ease of access...then I have to ask if they have the i4. Everything is just slightly harder to get to
This quite a discussion lmao. Its like you can wipe you butt with your eyes closed and have your hands in the engine bay of the I4 especially the manual trans. and the V6 your barely eye can get your left cheek to flush with the motor it self. I know i'm talking crazy but all in all it makes a huge difference working on a I4 and a V6. Yet i see so many up for sale on offer up here in AZ. Just got hook to that site last night.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Well, next week I might be purchasing wheels. They are not a big name brand, but I haven't seen anybody ever complain about them either. So if anybody has anything to say about Vordoven wheels I'd like to hear it other than they are casted knock off's.

I put everything back together today except for the dash. I went out to buy larger washers, and rubber washers and also fiber-glassing stuff. I fiber-glassed the weakest areas of the dash to reinforce it and then when I put it on I'll have the rubber washer's on both sides to help with vibrations. Hopefully that combined with taking care of the dash and keeping it out of the sun with a sun visor it won't ever crack in it's lifetime.

I honestly cannot wait to be driving on the road again. After I put the dash in I will do the oil change and burp the coolant system. Then next weekend the guy with the wheels will be coming to my house so I can test them out and see if I want to buy them. I actually hope they fit because I think I like the style. Will have to see how they look with the Brembo's. Then I'll finally have her ready to drive for a month or two before it is winter time again.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
Skylines are on, but ugh she needs a really good wash & wax. I put regular bulbs in for now, and I haven't bought sequencers yet. That'll be my cheap project for this winter.

But they do look amazing...

This also means my Black TYC's are also up for sale. So PM me if you're interested

·
Registered
819 Posts
Skylines are on, but ugh she needs a really good wash & wax. I put regular bulbs in for now, and I haven't bought sequencers yet. That'll be my cheap project for this winter.

But they do look amazing...

This also means my Black TYC's are also up for sale. So PM me if you're interested
ooo nice bro real nice.:drool:

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
The wheel deal did not happen, and to be honest I am losing hope in working on the Eclipse due to this. I can't even drive her, if I can't find wheels I like by the end of the month I guess she is just going to be kept away for another winter and I'll get working on changing the spark plugs and wires, and maybe the exhaust. But to work on the exhaust I'll need wheels to drive to the shop lol

Is there anything I should do if I do need to do an extended storage like this? I assume maybe hook her up let her run for 30 minutes. THen do an oil change again and just sit...the same way.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
Buy some Evo 8 wheels and drive it :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Funny you mention this, tonight I am going to pickup some Evo X GSR Enkei's. They have more spokes than I want...but I mean I couldn't pass them up for $350 and they are practically brand new. Just need new tires. So basically spending $750 for wheels and tires that just have more spokes than I want and are in a different color. I can probably re-sell them for that same exact price whenever I want to so I am hopping on it. 18x8.5 +38

·
Registered
819 Posts
:yesway: ther you go bud.
Funny you mention this, tonight I am going to pickup some Evo X GSR Enkei's. They have more spokes than I want...but I mean I couldn't pass them up for $350 and they are practically brand new. Just need new tires. So basically spending $750 for wheels and tires that just have more spokes than I want and are in a different color. I can probably re-sell them for that same exact price whenever I want to so I am hopping on it. 18x8.5 +38

241 - 260 of 271 Posts