Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
261 - 271 of 271 Posts

·
Willful Aspirer
'03 Eclipse Spyder GTS '11 Evo MR-T SSS
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
Installed the Mochi rear strut bar today, fit's perfectly. Took her for a long drive to Mt. Pocono and she was great, however I noticed two things. After a day of driving, on the trip back the breaks squealed some. Seemed random, like would only happen if I hadn't hit the brakes in the past few minutes, drive today and I got nothing.

Also there is a squeal every time I am at 15-25% throttle as long as I am engaged in any gear. Not sure of the fix for that, is there something I might not be greasing that I should be?

·
Registered
754 Posts
The Evo X wheels with the stock Evo tires will rub on the rear knuckles. You need spacers. I just tried test fitting a set of these last week.

·
Premium Member
6,548 Posts
As an aside from the specific wheels/tires. When I ran my 18x8 +42 (iirc) with 235/40/18 I had rubbing on the rear knuckle, but just on one side (until I added spacers) and only when I went over dips in the road such as certain railroad tracks. So it's possible that alignment, specific tires, or some other variable is playing a roll in compared fitment.

·
Registered
754 Posts
As an aside from the specific wheels/tires. When I ran my 18x8 +42 (iirc) with 235/40/18 I had rubbing on the rear knuckle, but just on one side (until I added spacers) and only when I went over dips in the road such as certain railroad tracks. So it's possible that alignment, specific tires, or some other variable is playing a roll in compared fitment.
I only test fitted these wheels on the drivers side which is where I noticed the rubbing. With my 17x8 wheels and 255/40 tires they were 1/4" at most from rubbing on the rear knuckle. These 18x8.5 wheels with 245/40 tires just barely made contact. Even 1/2" spacers would be plenty to clear the point of contact.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
Had a good time at mod with a bunch of other Mitsu's, a lack of 3G's though. Just a few of us...

On the way up there SES light popped on and it's P0161 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

so I guess I'll be checking that out here tonight. Going to check my headunit grounds as well.

Also I am still looking for a Greddy TiC or Evo2 exhaust for the 3G, or the GST variants. Might be interested in others so hit me up if you have one for sale.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 · (Edited)
Got a list of things to order right now.

Poly side engine mounts.
ES front and rear mounts plus crossmember bushings.
NGK spark plugs
Plenum Gasket
Intake Manifold Gasket
Valve cover gasket
Spark Plug Tube Seals
EGR Gasket
Distributor Cap
Distributor Rotor
My Upstream rear 02 sensor
My downstream front 02 sensor

Ummmm....that was everything I could think of/find that I should replace while I am going to be in the area for the spark plugs and engine mounts.

Can anybody think of anything I should add/remove from my list?

EDIT: I do already have RTV silicone gasket, and spark plug wires.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Wow, been a while (looks like I need to fully switch to imgur instead of photobucket).

Got the Eclipse up and running again after a year of sitting. Finally done with school as of a few months ago, and currently looking for a house and sadly a Subie shell to drop my engine in as the Subie was flipped over :/

But once I get the house, and the 2nd car again....time to go full throttle with my plans.

·
Willful Aspirer
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Bump. I still exist, the Eclipse still exists. Although she's in a terrible state. Since my last post in 2017 I've driven her about 500 miles. Major life update, I have new new lady in my life and we're to get married in March 2022. No longer have a garage since October 2019 so the Eclipse has been sitting outside, after she was at my parents for a year that really took a toll. I now have another Black Eclipse with the terrible paint cancer due to the lack of care. My Subaru was in a hit and run (will post pictures to that post) on August 8th, that totaled that, no garage to bring her back to to fix up so I am moving on to newer and better things. 2011 Evo MR-T in Phantom Black. Fiance was complaining that I'd then have two cars that she can't drive, and so the compromise there was I would get something that's not manual. Apparently on some drunken night I also agreed to sell the Eclipse. Although in her current state she's probably not worth anything. At least she'll hopefully pass inspection soon, I just have to figure out what part is wrong for the passenger low beam lol.

I want to keep the Eclipse, get a paint job done and finally put the Wings West Kit on so we will see how this all works out. only about 83k miles. Evo thread should pop up in the next few weeks for anyone interested in that.

If anyone knows anybody parting out any Eclipse shoot me the thread or hit me up in my DM's or a link. There are a few misc parts I'd like to get my hands on to restore the Eclipse from some of the stupid shit I did when I was younger.

261 - 271 of 271 Posts