Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought an '02 Eclipse GT, and its in great condition, but yesterday the ceiling right above me started making a creaking sound whenever I go over bumps....I do have a sunroof, so does it have something to do with that? anyone else have this problem? its nothing major, but still....I just bought this car, and that creaking noise is driving me NUTS. Anyone know of a way to fix it?

thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Get used to a lot of weird noises from your eclipse. I have an 03 GT without a sunroof, and I hear a lot of vibrations from the roof and trunk.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
true, but it wasn't doing this when I got it, only after about a week in. It's just a creaking sound from only the left side of the sunroof, so I'm thinking maybe if I clean it and grease it, it'll stop?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doesnt look like it....anyone with a sunroof have input?

I had it greased, and now the sunroof runs real smooth, but it still creaks. But, it creaks only from the left side of the sunroof, so it makes me think that it isn't a normal sound. And if it isnt normal, there's gotta be a way to fix it.

Anyone on ideas for the problem/solution?

·
(b)org banugee
4,549 Posts
Make sure the moulding is properly seated on the inside and the seal is seated on the outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts