Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help I am going to turbo my 2.4l auto galant and I need some help or opinions. I also want to leave it an automatic. also want to run it on 93 and e85. this is what I will be running an evo 8 16g and what I am trying to figure out is what to do about fuel management. I was going to run an HKS additional injector controller with 2 850cc injectors. leave stock fuel system alone so I could get stock fuel millage while not in boost. also not have to mess with timing maps. I have been reading on the forums and don't know if this is the best way to do it. any suggestion would really help me out.

Thanks
Trevor W.
[/IMG]

·
Lift and Separate
2,259 Posts
Controlling your timing maps is always a good idea. Otherwise you will be limited in how much power you can make without worrying about blowing up. I would look into ECU Flash. If you don't want to bother modifying your timing maps, you might as well just slap on an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and call it a day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a adjustable fpr and the cable to for ecu flash but want to keep it simple and reliable. also going to run 255 fuel pump.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
2000-rs turbo considering I own 4 1g awd and 1 2g gst dont think it will happen. just got done painting it and have all the parts i need to turbo it and only reason intercooler is even on it my girlfriend messed up the the front bumper and had it off so took advantage of it not being on there and mounted the intercooler now I am fabricating the new front bumper and lip! thanks for the support!!

also azz why the hell would I get my custom tag the says (turbo G) on it if I wasn't going to turbo it!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Just dumping tons of fuel isnt gonna help much without control. The ecu controls in all kinds of rpm/load ranges. Not just in boost. Also wanting to stay auto also complicates your project even more. Owning turbo cars dont add up to much when adding a turbo to a non turbo car. The piggy back route will no last you long. Adding injectors means tapping the manifold when thats entirely unecessary. You need to look into a dual ecu setup or a MT swap. Thats just the start off your worries. Inquire with BWracing, CloudINC on experiences dealin with an boosted auto setup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help everyone. 2000-rs the question is bc like ithinku said turbo a n/a car is not like messing with a car that is already turbo. I will try to keep yall updated on my progess if yall want... but hard to find time bc now it is boat season and I love the lake and being on my boat.

Thanks again
Trevor W.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts