Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok right now Im looking at a Garrett T3/T4 50 trim turbo w/ internal wastegate for $485 I could not find the price on the turbonectics turbo, but I saw on ebay they run about $800. Would I be fine with the Garrett Turbo? or is the Turbonectics Turbo higher qulity? Also what is the Trim size mean? and what size would I need for a stock 3g GT eclipse?

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
ImportDezign said:
OK what about this one same price...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7946375913&category=33742

SPECS:
0.63 Turbone A/R With a Stage 3 57 trim Wheel

0.50 Compressor A/R

Good for over 550 hp

wastegate set for 8-10 psi
That looks promising except for the integrated wastegate design. That particular housing which... will work but not the most optimal for a smooth flowing design. Pick up a copy of "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell before you sink a cent into any turbocharger setup :bigthumb:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AHHH I need to find a place to buy a turbo sepratly :bash: Insurance is KILLING ME!!!

Im 18 with a 250 insurance a MONTH!! I pay 150, mom pays 100 :fever: but Yea, if anyone knows a better insurance company PLZ let me know. Right now im going through AIG. Plus I got a 170 a month Car payment, so yea I plan to have my turbo up in running in like 6 years, maybe 7 so any time now :squint:

·
Kampfbereit
17,854 Posts
ImportDezign said:
AHHH I need to find a place to buy a turbo sepratly :bash: Insurance is KILLING ME!!!

Im 18 with a 250 insurance a MONTH!! I pay 150, mom pays 100 :fever: but Yea, if anyone knows a better insurance company PLZ let me know. Right now im going through AIG. Plus I got a 170 a month Car payment, so yea I plan to have my turbo up in running in like 6 years, maybe 7 so any time now :squint:
Just FYI, I am 28 and I pay nearly $400 a month for my 3G and a 2G Neon. Don't feel too bad man, your $170 a month car payment is something I could only dream of.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but the turbine housing on that ebay link is a T25 turbine housing, right? If so then there is a better "collector" designed to integrate the wastegate gases back into the exhaust piping. I found one at www.atpturbo.com that flows a bit nicer.

I will search for the exact part and give you a link to it when I get to work.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
AAI, I don't see how it eliminates the internal wastegate.....

It does use the Vband clamp but the tubing comes off the turbo in an oval shape to accomodate both the gases coming from the turbine and the wastegate.

Should be able to see everything clearly in this picture

·
Registered
200 Posts
JoesInBoston said:
AAI, I don't see how it eliminates the internal wastegate.....

It does use the Vband clamp but the tubing comes off the turbo in an oval shape to accomodate both the gases coming from the turbine and the wastegate.

Should be able to see everything clearly in this picture
That picture is not a T3/T4 turbo though. That must be a t-25 or something that does not use an additional housing for the internal wastegate flapper. Look at the picture of the turbo that he is looking at and you'll see the difference.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I did look at the turbo that he is looking at and I could of swore it looked like the T25 with a poorly designed turbine flange that instead of going into a Vband clamp allows you to bolt up a standard 3 bolt exhaust flange to it.

edit; i am at work and cannot view anything on ebay, its filtered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts