Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is a strange issue.

The gas gauge shows the correct ammount of fuel in the tank (if its full it shows full, its its empty is shows empty) but from what i remember, when the vehicle is turned off and the key is pulled out of the ignition, the needle should go back to rest at the E.

For some reason though, when the car is turned off, it gets stuck at whatever level of fuel i have.

For instance, if i go to the station and fill up to the rim, and then turn the car off, the needle will get stuck at F and not go down to E like it should when the car is turned off.

What is causing this issue? :dunno:

·
UMADBREH?
3,460 Posts
So this is a strange issue.

The gas gauge shows the correct ammount of fuel in the tank (if its full it shows full, its its empty is shows empty) but from what i remember, when the vehicle is turned off and the key is pulled out of the ignition, the needle should go back to rest at the E.

For some reason though, when the car is turned off, it gets stuck at whatever level of fuel i have.

For instance, if i go to the station and fill up to the rim, and then turn the car off, the needle will get stuck at F and not go down to E like it should when the car is turned off.

What is causing this issue? :dunno:
:facepalm:

·
R.I.P. silverside
10,932 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could have sworn it did infact rest at E when the car was turned off. Are you all sure of this? Someone else said that it does. So far it's 1 (+ me) for gauge going to E when the car is off and 3 who say it doesn't. Anyone else?

·
Electrify
3,574 Posts
It happened on mine after I did the LED swap and removed the amber from the face. It got kinda annoying that it drops when I remove the key. But it's all fixed now.

I forgot how I got it fixed, I think I swapped fuel gauge with a donor cluster or I just re seated the needle. Lol sorry I'm getting old.

·
Aple juic is my beer
8,831 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I guess i was just being overly paranoid. (Something i do quite often) :facepalm:

Good to know that nothing is wrong with that specific section of my car. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts